2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Every time I see Jojo now I instantly think of Gus Nyquist and his 60+ points and his $1.1m bigger AAV that they couldn’t afford

I said the same thing the other night when I saw what his production has been with Forsberg…that’s a huge under the radar miss by GMBG that nobody has talked about…

You just wonder if the Nyquist camp was asking for alot more than $3.185 before GMBG extended Jojo on May 1st and then settled with what Nashville offered after Free Agency started?

tswoboda

Extending Nyquist was talked about end of last season and BG said yeah he’d love to sign him but knew he couldn’t afford him so Jojo was Generic Gus

I more so think of it as subtle ways they could improve the roster if not for the buyouts

JoeMX1825
    MN

Extending Nyquist was talked about end of last season and BG said yeah he’d love to sign him but knew he couldn’t afford him so Jojo was Generic Gus

I more so think of it as subtle ways they could improve the roster if not for the buyouts

that’s where i’m thinking maybe the Nyquist camp told GMBG they wanted $5aav and he turned to Jojo and then after they couldn’t get anywhere near $5aav when FA opened, they settled for $3.185…if they started at that number with GMBG, maybe he moves some players around to fit Nyquist on the team and not Jojo…

To Billy’s credit, Jojo looked like a perfect fit for Boldy the last 25 games last year and a $2aav looked like a steal…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I think GMBG is sick and tired of Jojo’s play (You know a tough/sandpaper player like Billy was is sick and tired of Jojo’s antics) and would love to give Yurov the chance to replace him next season

Yeah, it’s too bad GM Average is stuck with all these players like JoJo that some other GM brought in (and for the second time!) when he wasn’t looking, eh?

Jojo is totally on Billy G Wiz and nobody else. What’s GM Average going to say? He didn’t know what he was getting? Ummm…

Player upgrades come from GM and talent staff upgrades.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    I think GMBG is sick and tired of Jojo’s play (You know a tough/sandpaper player like Billy was is sick and tired of Jojo’s antics) and would love to give Yurov the chance to replace him next season

Yeah, it’s too bad GM Average is stuck with all these players like JoJo that some other GM brought in (and for the second time!) when he wasn’t looking, eh?

Jojo is totally on Billy G Wiz and nobody else. What’s GM Average going to say? He didn’t know what he was getting? Ummm…

Player upgrades come from GM and talent staff upgrades.

He rolled the dice on a player who gelled the last 1/4 of last season with his 2nd top goal scorer on a $2aav deal that could be buried in the minors if it ultimately didn’t work out (Jojo could refuse to report and then ultimately is let go/contract terminated) The team was moving into the 2 worst years of the buyouts, he likely didn’t have any better/cheaper options…it’s easy to rip the move now though…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Ek skating at practice today, Hynes not sure if he’ll play Saturday…

I doubt he plays…Why not give him another 5 days off to get as close to healthy as he can for the final 11 games…

CaptainMusky

Can we get back to talk about tanking? LOL Only kidding. Good to see that Ek is skating, but I agree sit him if he isnt fully ready, but they DO need this game.

JoeMX1825
    MN

looks like he’ll be sitting out until Thursday…good decision…

maybe this is part of their tanking strategy ;)

JoeMX1825
    MN

6 games for Wilson, I’m sure he’ll learn his lesson this time….

basseyes

6 games for Wilson, I’m sure he’ll learn his lesson this time….

Wild have a better chance of getting in the playoffs than that happening. Hard to teach a tool anything.

CaptainMusky

Wild have a better chance of getting in the playoffs than that happening. Hard to teach a tool anything.

These suspensions never change these dirty players. Repeat offenders are going to be a repeat offender. Its like trying to rehabilitate a career criminal.

CaptainMusky

I’d really like these guys to make fewer passes. Middsy had a chance to shoot the puck on net but decided to pass it off to the side. SHOOT

basseyes

Faber gift wraps one for Jojo

CaptainMusky

The ref at center ice called that penalty on the blues while the one 10 feet away had a dumb look on his face.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    ROSSI! Great pass by KK

Threaded the needle.

Done it twice now against Binner. Previous game too. Wait you’re talking the pass. I was thinking the 5 hole.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Damnit the Wild just cannot get any breaks. Blues tie it 3-3.

Rossi smells the hat trick. Can he do it?

basseyes

Convinced they are trying to do the sneaky tank. How do you otherwise explain Freddy’s ice time? He is just awful this year. He looks both physically and mentally constipated. He looks high-school 5th line’er type slow. What do they do with him?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Convinced they are trying to do the sneaky tank. How do you otherwise explain Freddy’s ice time? He is just awful this year. He looks both physically and mentally constipated. He looks high-school 5th line’er type slow. What do they do with him?

I suppose an unfortunate Zamboni accident would look suspicious?

basseyes

Boldy the bumbling idiot. He don’t have 2 brain cells in his head.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Blame Boldy for not stopping in front of Binner so he would have to freeze the puck vs him trying to play defense on Saad… Forwards getting exposed on Defense happens in every OT…

Rossi was sooo close to a storybook ending….thought he was going to cut across to his forhand… Give Binner credit for getting some jersey fabric on Rossi’s chip shot….

brandmoney

Fleury was nothing short of abysmal, but this game is on Hynes for not starting Gus. Between coming off a shutout+relief and Fleury getting lit up last game, there was literally 0 reason to start Fleury.

Always start the better goalie.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I see Russo and others are complaining about the ref giving Faber a penalty at the end of regulation… he body slammed Neighbors after Neighbors gave him a reverse headlock…. The Ref is going to call those plays 99% of the time…

Faber just cant do that when our D is as thin as it is… Rookie emotions mistake…

Ripjiggen

Fleury was nothing short of abysmal, but this game is on Hynes for not starting Gus. Between coming off a shutout+relief and Fleury getting lit up last game, there was literally 0 reason to start Fleury.

Always start the better goalie.

Hate to break it to you Flower has been the better goalie virtually all season but definitely the past month.

CaptainMusky

Hate to break it to you Flower has been the better goalie virtually all season but definitely the past month.

Dead on. Fleury has been better and while he allowed 6 goals the other night they were NOT all on him. They mostly were lucky bounces or deflections that many times he surprisingly saves. One deflection was going 3 feet wide of the net and was deflected just a few feet in front of him. No chance on that.

Viewing 30 posts - 4,411 through 4,440 (of 5,382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.