2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• CaptainMusky

Addison has been very good. The puck doesn’t leave the stick of Rossi my Lord. Beckman looking very good too.

CaptainMusky

Boom! Replacement for Dumba just scored.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Rossi looked like he found his game in the 3rd and dominated when he was on the ice.

The big names all played well, Boldy is NHL ready, Rossi not sure yet but in the 3rd you could see all the reasons for the hype…Addison is NHL ready but not sure 3rd pair is the right fit for him…

CaptainMusky

Rossi looked like he found his game in the 3rd and dominated when he was on the ice.

The big names all played well, Boldy is NHL ready, Rossi not sure yet but in the 3rd you could see all the reasons for the hype…Addison is NHL ready but not sure 3rd pair is the right fit for him…

I agree. Boldy is ready no doubt. His body, skill is evident. Rossi is a tweener. Man that kid can skate and good luck getting him off the puck. Fun to watch them lots of good play.

Ice Cap

I couldn’t get it to stream up at the lake. So Boldy was the standout and Rossi not so much? Colored me surprised! shock

CaptainMusky

Rossi looked very good. He scored the tying goal which he made a great play in the d zone to get the puck out to Boldy. Boldy made some sweet moves to keep it away in the o zone and fed Rossi for a nifty finish at the net. As the game went on Rossi looked better. Winning faceoffs and he is just everywhere. On the puck and tenacious and he flat out flies.

CaptainMusky

The only thing is he is a center and that is a tough thing for a young player to jump into the NHL at 19 but he might be able to do it. I won’t doubt this kid man he works hard.

Ice Cap

FWIW: Russo tweeting KK and Wild have at least made contact in the last couple days.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

In Sunday paper this morning by Charlie Waters

“not long ago Krill told a prominent teammate he wouldn’t re-sign for a penny less than 10 million a year”

deertracker

FWIW: Russo tweeting KK and Wild have at least made contact in the last couple days.

I hope it’s to tell him he is staying in Russia. coffee
    DT

Ice Cap

“not long ago Krill told a prominent teammate he wouldn’t re-sign for a penny less than 10 million a year”

If BG is a man of his word then negotiations are over. If this is true than his arrogant ass can sit in Russia. 55 NHL games and he thinks he’s worth 10 mill? jester

deertracker

That’s where I’m at. It appears it has become all about the money. Whether that it true or not I don’t know. Guess we will find out shortly.
    DT

JoeMX1825
    MN

Anybody know why Jack Peart isn’t playing in the prospect games? College kids not allowed?

CaptainMusky

Game damn chippy today. Wild d man knocked out a Blackhawk player with one punch. Didn’t catch his name however.
    Rossi, Boldy and Addison all look good.
    Lambos has looked decent as well. Watching on my phone so it’s hard to pick up the numbers.

tswoboda

Addison and Boldy both look like they don’t belong out there. Rossi’s not quite as smooth but definitely stands out when he has the puck on his stick. He’s had a couple big hits today too! shock

I’ve been impressed with Hunt in both games… seems really steady and doesn’t make mistakes. Opposite story for O’Rourke… he looks really nervous or almost overwhelmed. Was not expecting that considering he played a full season in the AHL.

Beckman’s gotta have a dozen shot attempts at least, and he can really rip it. Surprised he hasn’t scored yet!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Beckman’s missed the net a ton too though…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Well, the top guns played like top guns. Addison was silky smooth again, his skating is elite…

Pencil Boldy in the Wild lineup opening night and Fiala will love him. I think Rossi starts in Iowa, but then gets called up after 15-20 games…

Ice Cap

Dang I wish I could stream those games. That’s the drawback to being up at the lake. So has Rossi’s stock dropped some as far as being NHL ready? Sounds like Boldy was a stud. Hopefully he can sell BG on the fact he’s ready.

tswoboda

So has Rossi’s stock dropped some as far as being NHL ready?

I thought Rossi was as advertised. I mean his stock can’t fall after 2 goals in 2 games, right? I just think the kid has been so overhyped that a lot fans have unrealistic expectations for him to start the season. Yes he trains super hard and seems to have a great head on his shoulders. But it seems everyone forgets he’ll have over 18 months between regular hockey games. That’s kind of a big deal for a 19YO kid that’s never played a professional hockey game. Let him get his feet under himself in the AHL, and give him the best possible chance to succeed.

Ice Cap

Starting to sound a little like BG is whistling through the graveyard.

Umy
    South Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tomr wrote:</div>

If BG is a man of his word then negotiations are over. If this is true than his arrogant ass can sit in Russia. 55 NHL games and he thinks he’s worth 10 mill? jester

IF true ship him back – what a joke. At least the joke will be on him

CaptainMusky

I thought Rossi was as advertised. I mean his stock can’t fall after 2 goals in 2 games, right? I just think the kid has been so overhyped that a lot fans have unrealistic expectations for him to start the season. Yes he trains super hard and seems to have a great head on his shoulders. But it seems everyone forgets he’ll have over 18 months between regular hockey games. That’s kind of a big deal for a 19YO kid that’s never played a professional hockey game. Let him get his feet under himself in the AHL, and give him the best possible chance to succeed.

Rossi is fine he played great and I agree with all of this. He just isn’t going to be able to jump into an 82 game schedule right away. He and Boldy have a ton of chemistry already which was awesome to see. 2 game tying goals and a few assists. I think the kid is going to be alright.

Ripjiggen

Anybody else going to miss a shortened season. Don’t get me wrong more hockey is always good but kind of liked the importance of each game with the shortened season.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Anybody else going to miss a shortened season. Don’t get me wrong more hockey is always good but kind of liked the importance of each game with the shortened season.

That was fun because games mattered more but I’m ready to have the “normal” season back. The Wild might need a the normal season with KK likely to miss time and to get the young guys up to speed.

tswoboda

I’m definitely gonna miss 3 or 4 games every week and no Allstar break or bye week. Don’t agree that each game was more important last year though. The playoff teams were practically clinched half way through the season. Without the wild card spots, there was no playoff race at all except in the southeast or whatever that division was called. Made for a really boring last 20 games of the regular season league wide.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Anybody know why Jack Peart isn’t playing in the prospect games? College kids not allowed?

Anybody know why?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Way up in the clouds rant/argument here so bare with me (with no news its getting boring in Wild world until camp starts)

So lets ASSUME that the ONLY contract hold up is that Kirill wants more money than the 5 x $9 that’s been SPECULATED by Russo, he’s fine with the 5 year term (both have never been confirmed) I don’t know what his 51 points would equate to if he played the normal 82 game season? (somebody do the math)
    If you take that estimation and factor in the Victor Rask variable (How many more points (goals or assists) Kirill would have had if he played with a competent Center, yes I know it’s a totally disputed value, but if you watch any of the game videos from last season there’s typically 1-2 high scoring chances a game wasted by Rask) Factor in a small fraction of those 56-112 chances that were scored on (let’s just say 20% because most were point blank opportunities) that’s an extra 11-22 points.

Add that total up and maybe add an extra 5-10 points missed out on due to the DREADFUL 25+ game powerplay span the team went on and you’re looking at a HUGE potential point total last season.

Points/counterpoints on this projection of mine:
    1) yes 1/2 of those 56 games were against inferior teams
    2) Mackinnon/Rantanen/Landeskog/Stone also all played the same amount of games against those teams and they all scored 60+ points, so pretty comparable to Kaprizov’s total…
    3) I know its arguable to assume the additional powerplay points, but come on… he would have scored X more points due to all the PP time he got when factored into a league average powerplay % vs the dreadful % the Wild had for so long…
    4) Yes, he had alot of ice time to score points in, but with Rask’s (and the Wild in general) dreadful faceoff %, a good chunk of that ice time is just getting possession of the puck back)

Playing devil’s advocate, maybe Kirill’s camp has a valid point in wanting more $$? Again assuming that’s the hold up….

Ripjiggen

Sure they have points, but I don’t know that contract negotiations speak to the what if’s. What if McKinnon played with Kucherov and Kane as his wingers. What if this happened or that happened is kind of hard to justify. In any negotiation you have to kind of go with what’s in front of you…no? Oh and 76pts to answer your question.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Sure they have points, but I don’t know that contract negotiations speak to the what if’s. What if McKinnon played with Kucherov and Kane as his wingers. What if this happened or that happened is kind of hard to justify. In any negotiation you have to kind of go with what’s in front of you…no? Oh and 76pts to answer your question.

I’m just trying to look into the minds/argument of Kirill & his agent if they believe $9 aav isn’t enough (speculating)…

I’m not ready to crap on Kirill yet for not signing, it’s always a tug-of-war with high profile players and team management to get/save as much $ as possible…Kirill needs to protect his future (should be get hurt and be forced to retire way early) just like the team needs to protect its future cap space…a long term deal you would think would work for both sides from a financial security standpoint, but obviously Kirill’s side doesn’t think so…I think that’s where the fan frustration is, at least with me)…

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Anybody know why?

Just a guess, but they didn’t have any college kids in camp so its gotta be that.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.