TWIN TIED JIGS (Hank and Ben’s Business)

• B-man

Hey guys, I’m proud to officially announce Hank and Ben’s new business venture waytogo

There’s a long backstory to it, but I’ll make it as quick as possible. A great friend of ours, so great that the boys called him “Uncle Mark” passed away a couple years ago. He had a passion and a small business called Mark’s Jigs, selling and tying flu-flu chicken jigs locally.

This past fall, his wonderful wife asked the boys if tying would be something they’d like to do for fun. The answer was quick and obvious lol

Since then they’ve been tying more days than not and have gotten very good at it, to the point that they critique and criticize poor wrapping jobs they see in stores rotflol

Their Aunt was talking about their new found hobby at work one day, soon after requests started coming in for jigs. She asked the boys if they wanted to make a go of it, which that leads us here to today. Their other Aunt helped set up a FB page which I will provide a link to. Their Mom set up their own Venmo page to process orders, but if you don’t have it we could figure something else out too.

They can tie up anything you could ask for, but specialize in walleye hair jigs and flu-flu panfish jigs. I’m currently working on getting bulk pricing for VMC UV Mooneye jigs for them to tie and keep at a competitive price compared to pre-tied hair jigs available in stores.

Their flu-flu jigs, which are available now will be competitively priced as well. The most popular fish catchers that we’ve found is 1/64oz white, black, or chartreuse heads paired with your choice of feather colors and threads. We have a limited supply of different colors and weight, so if there’s something you’re looking for just ask!

All of your jigs will be hand tied in Minnesota (not China) with climate controlled child labor jester

On top of that, the boys have pledged to donate 10% of your order to the ALS and Multiple Sclerosis Foundations!! The rest of the proceeds will be used at Hank and Ben’s discretion, likely to buy more tackle and dirt bikes or whatever else they want to earn and work for.

We’re in the infancy stages of accepting orders and figuring out the most efficient way to keep things organized, so please bare with us mrgreen

I’m thinking of having a $25 minimum order with free shipping on Flu-Flu jigs, and free shipping at $50 with the heavier stuff. Flu-Flu jigs will be priced around $1.50 each and the hair jigs $4-5 depending on quantity ordered.

I promise to personally inspect every jig they tie. If I wouldn’t buy it, it will not get shipped out to you.

Here goes nothing guys, and welcome to Twin Tied Jigs!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557091854188

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240302-221636.png

2. Screenshot_20240302-221050.png

3. Screenshot_20240302-220417.png

4. Screenshot_20240302-220101.png

5. Screenshot_20240302-220041-1.png

6. Screenshot_20240302-220130.png

Jimmy Jones

Good for them! I started tying flies for a seventh grade phy ed teacher using a kit from Herters….. back in about 1962. I’m still making tackle.

Be prepared for expansion. Tackle Crafting is a super addictive past-time and one thing will lead to another as I’m sure you’ve noticed.

Best of luck to them on their new found occupation!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m not a face book guy, but I’ll order a bunch from the boys, both pan fish flu flu jigs, and some walleye hair jigs. Can I just shoot you a text and pay venmo ?

B-man

I’m not a face book guy, but I’ll order a bunch from the boys, both pan fish flu flu jigs, and some <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleye hair jigs. Can I just shoot you a text and pay venmo ?

Absolutely Bearcat, thanks!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

man those look like well made jigs!!!!!!! waytogo waytogo

Cw

Just don’t get them into soft plastic making. I am now fishing for fish I don’t even like to fish for lol

Gregg Gunter

Bman you guys should check this out. It’s illuminating (pun haha).

Cw

What size flu flu’s?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I dropped the boys a 100 dollar bill, tell them a nice variety box of jigs they would use. waytogo

tim hurley

Congrats and good luck, great business name & logo-I feel a good panfish variety pack is coming, I will bite on that.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

You will be on easy street by the time they can drive B-man.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Sweet, I will put an order in to support the boys!

B-man

Thank all of you guys for your support, and another thanks to you Bearcat for your order!! The AlS and Multiple Sclerosis Foundations thank you as well.

The flu-flu jigs are primarily 1/64th but they have a limited supply of larger sizes available.

Plain flu-flu jigs are $1.50 each, but they’re also great at tying fancy ones too for an additional $.50-$1.00 (if you want chenille wraps and or Flashabou in the tails.

From our personal experience the 1/64th is the best fish catcher (easy for fish to inhale, and just add a split shot if fishing deeper), but as mentioned we do have some heavier as well. If you have a specific weight or color you’re looking for feel free to ask.

As mentioned, going live with the business is a work in progress, I’ll try to get more pictures up as they tie different orders for customers just like you!

Mom already has the flu-flus they tied today in mailing envelopes (no pictures) but I have some pics of kick ass VMC hybrid walleye hair jigs they made this morning. A few of these have Bearcat’s name on them.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240303-182338.png

2. Screenshot_20240303-182352.png

3. Screenshot_20240303-182405.png

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Jigs look great, glad I could keep the boys busy for a little while. I’m trusting their judgment on the colors they would use. waytogo

I’m always happy to help the little guys, especially when the little guys are actually little guys rotflol

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

That’s great. I started the same way. Made hair jigs and safety pin spinners for my uncle’s bait shop. My twin also tied with me. No Facebook back than to claim that name. Their hair jigs look great.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

B-Man,

I have a pile of fly tying materials that I haven’t used in a few years, and quite frankly, don’t see myself needing any time soon. I’d much rather pay some young entrepreneurs to do the jig tying for me at this point grin If you think the boys would want it all shoot me a PM and I’ll get it over to you.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Email sent! Looking forward to checking them out!

CaptainMusky

Those look fantastic! Awesome hobby for the boys that they can enjoy their entire life!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I would also like to place an order Bman. Anything to support the boys. I don’t have Venmo, I can send them a check or something, have you thought about doing cc over the phone. I would gladly pay extra knowing a percentage gets taken from you.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

applause

B-man

Thanks guys, I’ll get back to you all this evening when I have more time waytogo

I edited the last post, those in the bags are 1/4oz walleye/bass jigs, the flu-flu jigs I didn’t get pictures of, but I’ll get some up tonight to give you an idea what they look like.

orve4

They look really well done ill be putting in an order shortly.

B-man

Hey guys I was just made aware their email account is rejecting some replies. Their Aunt set it up as a “kids account” and for whatever reason it’s not allowing some to go through. Google says it may take a couple days to resolve. In the meantime (or anytime) feel free to send me a pm about any orders you’d like to place.

For those without Venmo, we’d happily accept checks from IDO members!

walleyesforme

Bman, may I ask where you found the VMC Mooneye jigs in bulk? We go through piles of them due to pike snipping them off fishing plastics on Rainy. It would be awesome to get a mass quantity of them instead of buying the super expensive 6 packs or whatever they normally come in. You can PM me if you want.

B-man

Bman, may I ask where you found the VMC Mooneye jigs in bulk? We go through piles of them due to pike snipping them off fishing plastics on Rainy. It would be awesome to get a mass quantity of them instead of buying the super expensive 6 packs or whatever they normally come in. You can PM me if you want.

We haven’t gotten a bulk deal yet, just a lowered price off retail through a buddy. He’s going to talk to his Rapala rep soon though and see if we can work something out.

In the meantime the boys have been tying up a few top secret flu-flu’s on jigs we already have peace

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240305-212614.png

2. Screenshot_20240305-212648.png

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I love panfishing with flu flu jigs. Looks like the boys found a great hobby, especially when the hobby pays. Great job bud.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

iv need to find my tackle box to see what i have…..i could be very interested in some!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.