2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>KP wrote:</div>
    I saw some videos from the Wild’s prospect training camp or whatever you call it. Boldy does look like he put on some weight and Rossi was flying up the ice. Curious if both of them will crack the line ups.

I think Boldy is probably closer to making it that Rossi just because he played AHL games last year and hasnt had significant time off like Rossi. I wouldnt count him out, but they are going to have to earn it.
    It was interesting I read somewhere that they projected Boldy as a right wing. That would be interesting with Fiala on the other side.
    I think that was Bombardir that said that.

I would be semi shocked if Rossi is not on the team. If he can not earn a spot on this team with the centers they currently have I would be worried. Even at 19-20 years old.
    Then again BG hasn’t exactly shown to this point he likes putting young talent into the lineup quickly.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>KP wrote:</div>
    I saw some videos from the Wild’s prospect training camp or whatever you call it. Boldy does look like he put on some weight and Rossi was flying up the ice. Curious if both of them will crack the line ups.

I think Boldy is probably closer to making it that Rossi just because he played AHL games last year and hasnt had significant time off like Rossi. I wouldnt count him out, but they are going to have to earn it.
    It was interesting I read somewhere that they projected Boldy as a right wing. That would be interesting with Fiala on the other side.
    I think that was Bombardir that said that.

I think they are absolutely counting on Boldy to be ready to play top 6 this season, but maybe not top 6 opening night. Maybe he starts on the 3rd line and works upto 2nd after 5-8 games if he shows he can handle the game speed & quick decision making top 6 demands (and be on Fiala’s line) I think they really hope Rossi is somehow someway miraculously ready to play forcing them to put him in opening night, but I just don’t see it… I think they’ll want him to work his game back to being as polished as possible playing top line minutes 15-20 games in Iowa before calling him up…I think Addison is going to need to outshine the vets we signed for 3rd pair minutes, he won’t be given the job at all…

Ripjiggen

It’s been 2 straight pages of arguing whether or not cup contenders can afford to pay him… for absolutely no reason at all. Makes as much sense to argue which skate he ties first… for the record, I’m going left.

Kinda fun following the Russians that we finally have in the prospect pool…

Khusnutdinov didn’t play today for SKA… not sure if he’s injured or just a healthy scratch. He had been playing 1st line the last few games.

Matvei Guskov played 1st line for CSKA today and now has 4 pts through 5 games… he’s scoring Parise style goals. He was a 5th round pick in the Fenton draft.

Well it’s this or arguing on the jobs page. jester

CaptainMusky

I would be semi shocked if Rossi is not on the team. If he can not earn a spot on this team with the centers they currently have I would be worried. Even at 19-20 years old.
    Then again BG hasn’t exactly shown to this point he likes putting young talent into the lineup quickly.

Oh I think he will eventually be with the big club, but I just dont know if he can make it out of camp. Wouldnt shock me seeing how hard he works. Seeing vids of him the last few days and damn is he fast.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

In actual news around the NHL….

THE LEAGUE IS FINALLY CRACKING DOWN ON FREAKING CROSS-CHECKING. Sorry for yelling but I’m pretty excited about that and it’s about dam time. Over/Under of 4.5 cross check penalties per game in the preseason?

That’ll last until the playofffs….. coffee

tswoboda

Rossi and Addison start in Iowa, Boldy in St. Paul.

Everything Boldy has done over the last 9 months just screams NHL ready.

Pretty rare for centers to go straight from junior o the NHL… let alone with 18+ months between regular games. I hope they let Rossi get in a rhythm in Iowa and then bring him up later in the season. Probably not what’s best for the team, but what’s best for Marco Rossi and his development. Don’t go full Kotkaniemi on him.

Not sure what Addison could do to prove himself over the 3 new defenseman. They’re polar opposite players and the beef is obviously what they want for the bottom pair. Addison will come up when a top 4 guy gets hurt. The 3 bottom pair guys combined for 1 goal and like 10 assists last season. whistling

tswoboda

Well it’s this or arguing on the jobs page.

Every time I get the urge to descend into one of those threads, I just beat my head against the wall 10 times and accomplish the exact same thing. Sad how many solid contributors this site has lost because guys just can’t stay outta that sewage.

I think they are absolutely counting on Boldy to be ready to play top 6 this season, but maybe not top 6 opening night. Maybe he starts on the 3rd line and works upto 2nd after 5-8 games if he shows he can handle the game speed & quick decision making top 6 demands (and be on Fiala’s line) I think they really hope Rossi is somehow someway miraculously ready to play forcing them to put him in opening night, but I just don’t see it… I think they’ll want him to work his game back to being as polished as possible playing top line minutes 15-20 games in Iowa before calling him up…I think Addison is going to need to outshine the vets we signed for 3rd pair minutes, he won’t be given the job at all…

Pretty much my exact thoughts on the big 3 prospects. I expect to see Dewar and maybe Duhaime in bottom 6 roles at some point this season too. Duhaime is a guy I know nothing about but they signed him to a 1 way deal starting next year so must have high expectations for him. GMBG described him as a Foligno type.

Ripjiggen

The more I think about Addison the more I think he is a future trade piece. I just don’t see how he can be a top 4 d on this team with the current top 3 they have for at least two more years. Maybe longer. They would just be so damn small on the back end.

tswoboda

The more I think about Addison the more I think he is a future trade piece. I just don’t see how he can be a top 4 d on this team with the current top 3 they have for at least two more years. Maybe longer. They would just be so damn small on the back end.

He fits when Dumba gets traded. The dead cap goes up $8m next season and somethings gotta give. Rask swapped for an ELC only saves $3m and Greenway/Sturm likely need raises.

Ripjiggen

Agree. I guess it is one or the other. Just feel like we have been talking a Dumba trade for 10 years now. grin

Ice Cap

I think Rossi makes the team out of sheer will. I don’t recall seeing anyone with his determination in professional sports. I think Boldy makes it as well unless giving two prospects spots on the team is more than BG’s blood pressure can handle.

Hey we have to keep talking about KK if we are going to surpass 126 pages!!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

New Russo/Lapanta podcast just went up. Should have some interesting discussion in it. Once you get past the Lapanta/Kowalskis love fest.

Ice Cap

New Russo/Lapanta podcast just went up. Should have some interesting discussion in it. Once you get past the Lapanta/Kowalskis love fest.

Yep listened to it earlier. Russo is getting pretty harsh on KK. I think he used the word insulting when describing the situation. He also said a very high end agent told him had he been KK agent he would have taken a 7X5 deal and been happy as hell. Yeah this is just ridiculous at this point.

Ripjiggen

I think even Russo is sick of talking about it and he gets paid to talk about it. Don’t see how there is not long term animosity between the two sides at this point.

Ice Cap

I think even Russo is sick of talking about it and he gets paid to talk about it. Don’t see how there is not long term animosity between the two sides at this point.

Russo admitted as much that he’s fed up with it. Every player every agent he runs into asks about Kaprizov. And nearly everyone of them is flabbergasted that knowing what the Wild have offered this can’t get done.

It’s become an insult and embarrassment to the Wild at the same time.

CaptainMusky

Reminder to take in the scrimmage on wildtv channel on youtube. It will be interesting to watch. I just wish my old plasma was a smart tv unless I can watch youtube through Roku then I might be OK. Will have to check into that.

Ice Cap

Reminder to take in the scrimmage on wildtv channel on youtube. It will be interesting to watch. I just wish my old plasma was a smart tv unless I can watch youtube through Roku then I might be OK. Will have to check into that.

I had that issue. I got the hdmi adapter to hook my IPhone to the tv. Stream from your phone to any tv with a hdmi cable. They run about $50 I think. WalMart has them.

CaptainMusky

I had that issue. I got the hdmi adapter to hook my IPhone to the tv. Stream from your phone to any tv with a hdmi cable. They run about $50 I think. WalMart has them.

I will check it out! Thanks for the tip!

tswoboda

You can cast YouTube and a million other apps or just screen mirror through a chromecast for like $25.

CaptainMusky

Looks like I can do it through the Roku. My kids keep telling me I need a new tv, but there is nothing like plasma for watching sports IMO.

Ice Cap

Looks like I can do it through the Roku. My kids keep telling me I need a new tv, but there is nothing like plasma for watching sports IMO.

I have a plasma too and I agree on the sports pictures. With the exception of hockey. Seems the large amount of white ice washes out. I’ve tried adjusting contrast but can’t seem to fix it. I’m used to it now.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Boldy and Beckman standing out sofar, Rossi looks a bit nervous

CaptainMusky

Boldy just set up Rossi and he almost finished. What a play! Kept it in the zone and Rossi had eyes for the net.

CaptainMusky

I am on tape delay due to beer runs…

CaptainMusky

Rossi is all over the puck regardless of what zone it’s in. He is not big but he’s strong on the lower half which is huge.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Boldy has perfected protecting the puck with his body, impressive for a 20 year old…. He’s standing out against everyone and looks ready for the NHL…

Its nice to see Rossi easily win draws, a rarity for the Wild…

CaptainMusky

Boldy has been impressive for sure. Bigger than I thought he was. He and Rossi have chemistry for sure.

CaptainMusky

Boldy will make the team no doubt IMO.

tswoboda

BOLDY to ROSSI… I could get used to this!

tswoboda

Addison is the best player on the ice. I still don’t think he’ll make the NHL outta camp. But he’s clearly a level above everyone sense. He’s just so smooth and poised out there.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.