2022/2023 NHL/Wild Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

A horrible Dumba like turnover resulting in a goal …

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw that.

CaptainMusky

Last post at 6pm last night? You guys all doing alright? Maybe too busy shoveling? I thought I’d see some commentary about last nights game. Anyways, It was good to wake up and see they got it done last night. 6 in a row!!

Well the game started after 9PM and that is past my bedtime on a school night. I watched a bit of the first, but that was it.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I know we haven’t played the strongest teams lately but our D has been so good. Been a fun stretch.

hop307
    Northern Todd County

Not Wild related, but from a Wadena Youth Game that Made it on to the ESPNNHL tiktok.
    Goalies are just a different breed. jester jester

Wadena Youth Goalie

CaptainMusky

That is awesome hop! Thanks for sharing.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Well the game started after 9PM and that is past my bedtime on a school night. I watched a bit of the first, but that was it.

Oh, I get it. Me too. 330am comes very fast. I tried to stay up for the 1st but never even made puck drop. Woke up with 13 minutes left in the 2nd to see it was 1-0. I get to work at 430am and watch the highlights and then click on this thread to see all of your guys takes and what not. I enjoy it. I love hockey but nearly as In-Depth as some of you. When I clicked on the thread this morning to catch up, there was nothing to catch up on. Not weird, Wild!!

hop307
    Northern Todd County

That is awesome hop! Thanks for sharing.

I have watched a few times and it cracks me up every time, just livin life with out a care in the world.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Cmon now Reaves assist was the puck hitting his skate because he was standing there unaware. Dewar picked it up and threw it on net from the blue line.
    I will admit Reaves has been fine as a fourth line grinder. But he is absolutely the guy that should be getting healthy scratches when Duhaime is back.

No way you can scratch Dewar or Shaw. Way to valuable on a much improved PK.

Who else would you suggest to sit in the press box?

It is a good problem to have as Duhaime can play up and down the lineup a bit and maybe they give some guys with bumps and bruises a night off here and there till someone else is out with an injury. Knock on wood.

every point given in the NHL is reviewed multiple times, there can be thousands of dollars on the line for contract incentives regarding points earned, so the NHL has to get it correct and the NHLPA demands it, just like Sami Walker’s 1st NHL point was initially given and then taken away a period later after it was reviewed a few times…You can say the exact same thing about phantom points given to Kaprizov and McDavid some times..

Yes, Reaves is the logical guy to get press box time when the team is fully healthy, but I suspect it will be more of a rotation vs just sitting Reaves the entire time until somebody gets hurt..

Ripjiggen

Don’t disagree doesn’t do anybody any good to sit for long stretches. Cough cough (goose) it was not phantom assist but there was zero skill or pass involved. It bounced of his skates when someone threw the puck at him. It just happens to go on Dewars stick next.

icex

Talbot seems to find himself in all the pressure situations. Game seven to save the season after not playing for a long stretch now he has to stop Ovi tonight from tying and surpassing Howe’s goal mark. Battle of ex Wild goal tenders tonight. Talbot vs Kuemper. Kuemper’s already given up one.

tswoboda

STONEHANDS

KK-Boldy-Zuccy line is so past due for a goal. They get scoring chances every shift

The Sharks are pure chaos

JoeMX1825
    MN

Geez.. somebody want to wakeup our D?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Erik Karlsson just clowning the Wild tonight…

tswoboda

Erik Karlsson just clowning the Wild tonight…

Looks straight out of Letterkenny, but this was after a game against the Wild. Hope we see it again.

Ripjiggen

Can someone just fill me in so I don’t have to watch?
    Why 7D tonight?
    Shaw game misconduct that bad?
    Dumba having to fight after laying someone out? Where was Reavo?

Anything else I missed?

tswoboda

Foligno last minute injury scratch
    Unintentional but textbook knee on knee, was the right call. Both players hurt but I think Shaw will be OK, not serious anyway.
    San Jose with 200 odd man rushes
    Whole team looks tired and ready to go home
    KK really fighting it again

JoeMX1825
    MN

Hartman’s 3rd game back and he still looks slow and is mostly behind the play like he was to start the season… its something to watch for after the holiday break when there’s no longer a shaking off the rust excuse….

Just a few bad d-zone coverages and a 5 minute major PP did them in tonight…

Tom schmitt

Evanston deserves a little heat for this loss.
    7 d and 11 forwards on the second of a back to back.
    Players look tired,, no wonder. Forwards out of sync while juggling through lineup, I wonder why?
    If Fogarty is that bad, why cal him up?

AK Guy

Hartman’s 3rd game back and he still looks slow and is mostly behind the play like he was to start the season… its something to watch for after the holiday break when there’s no longer a shaking off the rust excuse….

Just a few bad d-zone coverages and a 5 minute major PP did them in tonight…

I’m worried about Hartman as a top six forward. He’s struggling to make simple passes/decisions right now.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Hartman’s passing and decision making issues CAN be due to not playing for 20 games, but he shouldn’t be so slow and behind the play so often, just like he was at the start of the season when he was healthy…

Hopefully he bounces back after the break and plays more games, but it’s concerning for sure…

tswoboda

Well Hartman’s only ever looked like a top 6 forward when playing center. Completely different player when at center vs wing, but yeah he needs to at least be competent before getting thrown back into that roll. He looks lost.

He’ll get another shot between KK and Zuccy, just a matter of timing and making the most of his opportunity.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Ug. I stayed up past my bedtime for that? What a cluster.

How is that mugging of Dumba after a clean hit NOT an instigator penalty? How can you be an NHL ref and not know the rules?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Its absolutely stupid the NHL/NHLPA doesnt mandate the Refs call it everytime. Not sure if the Refs think letting the players settle it results in fewer issues the rest of the game and thats why so few call it? We discussed fighting in the NHL a few days ago, calling the instigator penalty EVERY time will cut down on needless fights. Most of the time the fight is meaningless anyways because the guy attacked doesnt want to fight thinking they already have a PP coming from the instigator….

Umy
    South Metro

Its absolutely stupid the NHL/NHLPA doesnt mandate the Refs call it everytime. Not sure if the Refs think letting the players settle it results in fewer issues the rest of the game and thats why so few call it? We discussed fighting in the NHL a few days ago, calling the instigator penalty EVERY time will cut down on needless fights. Most of the time the fight is meaningless anyways because the guy attacked doesnt want to fight thinking they already have a PP from the instigator….

Agree 100% Plus, the big boy ( 24) from the Sharks didn’t have the stomach for a fight, just dragged Dumba down. That was a BS no call for instigating.
    GUstavvson looked good- I think his D let him down

tswoboda

They were calling the instigator a lot 2 years ago, I think it was during no fans covid season. It’s trailed off a lot since then so not sure why fans still expect it to be called. I agree it should be but not surprised when it’s never called, it’s consistent league wide.

tswoboda

Shaw getting sussy’d for the knee, as he should. I’m guessing 2 games, maybe down to 1 based on his history and how the hearing goes

Ripjiggen

Just in time for Duhaime to come back? whistling

tswoboda

My guess is Rossi – no idea where he fits in the lineup though. I don’t think Duhaime is ready

JoeMX1825
    MN

Ovi looked like he really didn’t want to get #802 via an empty netter…but he can’t be picky if he wants to pass the Great One…Unreal achievement!

icex

Ovi looked like he really didn’t want to get #802 via an empty netter…but he can’t be picky if he wants to pass the Great One…Unreal achievement!

Pretty obvious he didn’t but happy to get it behind him just the same I bet. He will either be going on a goal scoring tear after this or a drought.

The Wild are entering a tough stretch ahead. The Jets, Dallas, St. Louis twice, Tampa twice, Buffalo twice, Rangers, Carolina, Panthers all coming between now and the end of January. Good news is some of teams from the East whom the Wild feasted on last year but this isn’t last years Wild. Points are going to be a bit harder to come by then they have been lately.

Viewing 30 posts - 2,491 through 2,520 (of 7,320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.