WX 2190 Skeeter prop help

• Ed Lashyro
    NULL

Any updates on prop performance? Will the 19″ Rev 4 pull a heavy load?

Kevin Hines

Ed,

I don’t know about the Rev 4 and load. I ran an 18 pitch Yamaha saltwater last week on Erie with 4 guys, a ton of gear and full livewell. RPM’s were 6100 when I got to get on it one day and top speed of 53MPH. Was very happy with the holeshot with the load and handling in the waves.

I am looking at some 4 blade props next weekend and will let you know if I find anything better, but for now, the way I fish. The 18 pitch is it for me.

Kevin

skeeter11

Hi Ed. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Been a crazy couple weeks for me. Ok my Rev 4 reworked by Brainerd Props runs a consistent 54 to 55 mph and has awesome hole shop and excellent control in the wind. My rpms might be a hair low at 5650 to 5700 trimmed out. Overall I have extremely happy with this prop. If your looking for top end the best I have heard is the 20 pitch Turbo.

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

I currently run the 20″ Turbo, great with heavy loads and big waves.
    The best mileage is 3.7 with light loads. There is not gas available but what you haul on Nipigon so Mileage matters.
    The 5600-5700 trimmed out is that with the motor mounted high or dropped down?

Thanks for all replays.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Ed what are you seeing for rpms and speed with the Turbo1 20p?

Dad ordered a new 2190 and once its in we’ll be trying some new props this year again. I still have my 16 so we can do some true comparisons )

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

I will check next time I drop it in. I checked it when I got the boat but the prop blew out with very little trim. That’s why I want a four blade for more bite. I might have to drop it down a hole or two also. I will let you know the results.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I ran the 21 Turbo1 for a few years. I think 57-5800 was my rpms with that prop. Motor dropped all the way down on the jackplate. I really liked it. Only a couple times did it blow out in really rough water.

Kevin Hines

Tested multiple props yesterday on my 2015 2190.

Boat has a jack plate, batteries have been moved back under the back seats and battery storage in belly of boat has been converted to tackle storage.

Conditions, sunny and calm, wind about 5mph out of the NW, 5o degrees.

Boat has a full livewell, full gas, 2 guys and fully loaded with trolling gear from Erie trip.

Prop 1- 19 pitch Bravo LT long tube 4 blade stainless
    RPM’s 5800 Speed 54 Holeshot was so/so

Prop 2- 20 pitch Bravo LT long tube 4 blade stainless
    RPM’s 5600 Speed 54 Holeshot about the same as the 19

Prop 3- 20 pitch Bravo FS 4 blades stainless
    RPM’s 5800 Speed 53.4 Holeshot was better than the long tubes

Prop 4- 21 pitch (21M) Yamaha Pro Series 3 blade stainless
    RPM’s 5800 Speed 53.4 Holeshoot was the best, no bow rise at all
    Was able to run this prop up much higher with the jack plate and the boat was not all loose that high up. Surprising.

I understand that they used to make the Pro Series in a 20 pitch. Would like to try that if I can find one. For the way I fish, I will run the 18 pitch Yamaha Saltwater for now for 4 people in the boat. More concerned about holeshot and control in big water than speed.

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

Thanks for the update. Brainerd prop shop sending a 19″ Rev4 up. I hope to get out after the snow quits later on the week. Will post results.

Kevin Hines

Met Ricky this weekend. Good guy. That is who we met with to try all the props above. See if he will send you the 21 pitch Yamaha Pro to try.

skeeter11

I tried a 21 Tempest & couldn’t turn it enough rpms….I think 5600 was best. I have ran a 19 pitch Tempest and ran a strong 5800 to 5900 rpms but lacked the bow lift I wanted. I think a reworked 21 tempest down to a 20 pitch would be the deal. My reworked rev 4 19 pitch does fairly well. Great hole shot, rpms 5800 top speed 54 to 55. I personally would like more top end and I think the 20 pitch Turbo or a reworked 21 pitch tempest down to a 20 pitch would be idea. My Rev 4 is basically a 4 blade tempest-

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I have tried a Tempest 21 a few times and hated it. There was a guy who got good numbers out of a 19p on a 2060.

Kevin – Where is your motor mounted on the jackplate? 3rd hole down? If so drop it down to the top hole on the motor. With that setup and the 21M I never run less then 55 and some change. Being you want great control in rough water this allows you to really drop the motor down for bite. I want to say I run like 6-7 on the jackplate indicator for top speed.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Also guys in my experience with these boats bow lift is a tough one to achieve. Guys have said they get great bow lift with a few props but yet run slower then me. Last I checked lift=less drag which=more speed.

I did run a worked 23p on my 2015 for a while. Hole shot was a little sluggish kinda like a 21 tempest. Only turned 54-5500rpms but I also ran 58mph. With a little chop and guy sitting in the back I would get a little over 59.

carver
    West Metro

Want to thank you guys for all the info.

Looking to get a different prop mainly a backup prop. I currently have a 21P SW2 and very pleased with it.

Would you guys recommend a Rev4 14 5/8 x 19 or another 3 blade SW2 in a 19P? Or something else that might be better with a little rougher weather.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

The 19p Saltwater is a great rough water prop. A couple buddies on mine really liked the Bravo1 20p that fish Lake of the Woods a lot.

skeeter11

I would consider selling my 4 blade Rev 4 reworked to ya- but my price would be $500 since I had it reworked…..I had Ricky from Brainerd props add a little more cup and balance it.

Kevin Hines

Skeeter 20,

My motor is mounted in the top hole on the jack plate. So numbers for the 21 M that I gave are accurate for the way my boat is set up with weight in the top hole. Have discussed props with Formula Propeller in the Twin Cities and they suggested a Turbo Lightning 19 pitch prop. Turbo is now owned by Yamaha and getting props has been difficult. If anyone has one, I would like to try it and would be willing to pay for shipping to try it. Same goes for a 20 pitch Yamaha Pro series prop which is not made anymore.

Kevin

carver
    West Metro

EDIT: was advised against a Michigan Wheel

Now I’m looking at a Powertech OFS3 prop. I also found out that the new SWS2 props, you don’t need the SDS spacer washer with the new models.

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

I tried the Rev4 19″ and the results are as follows with one on board with a GSP, light load and 3/4 fuel.

Rev4 5400 rpm 53 mph. Ok holeshot
    Turbo 3 blade 20″ pitch great holeshot 5700 rpm 53 mph.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Kevin,

I am shocked you only seen 53.4 with the 21M. I have dealt with formula prop as well. I tried a 21 lightning on my 2100 with 300 offshore and jackplate. Couldn’t turn the rpms and hole shot was sluggish. On that boat I ran a 23p Turbo1 @61-63mph depending on conditions.

I don’t think a 20M would be worth trying as you should red line. Being able to run the 21M at 5800 and have great hole shot you aren’t going to gain anything with a 20.

skeeter11

I think those numbers are low too. But not sure what the difference in elevation from Bismarck nd to where you are. I am going to try a 21m in the next week or two. I will see whatyou results are

skeeter11

Hi Ed. You numbers really suprise me because I run a 19 pitch Rev 4 and run a 5700 rpm pretty easy. Average speed on the lake is 54 mph. I had it reworked with cupping added and balanced. Before the rend work I ran 5800 to 5900 rpms. So it’s very interesting the different results we are seeing. Especially since I just have the standard 8″ set back. Not the hydraulic.

carver
    West Metro

Hey skeeter11, sent you a MSG on that prop. I just picked up a powertech 19p OFS3, should have it on the water this weekend to test it out.

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

I am somewhat surprised also, I might have picked up more speed with some items out of bow storage for (anchors, 200′ rope, tool box, camp stove, flares ect. I wonder if having the Bimini top collapsed above the driver also created drag but this is typical of items left in it.

I thought it would pull that Rev4 better but will wait for other results.

skeeter11

I am a guide in the Dakota’s so all my results from any of my prop testings are always going to be 3/4 tank of fuel minimum and fully loaded boat. All compartments are stuffed to the gills. I don’t think the bimini top would have caused less rpm and speed unless it is actually open and being used. Next spring all of us need to grab 10 props each and meet out east to demo props and catch some big eyes! Call it the 2190 Eye Fest!…..LOL- Skeeter 20 you better get this one going…

carver
    West Metro

Ran the 19p powertech prop 3 blade. Hole shot was great. Top end was 56 at 5700rpm. I think i could have squeezed a little more with a little wind tonight. This is on an MX as an fyi.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Skeeter11- I have ran so many props on these boats since 2013 I don’t need to try many more but I am always up for catching some big eyes lol

Yesterday I put my boat in the water for the first time this year. Was just me all the gear I normally have, 1/2 fuel and rear tanks full. Wind was only about 5mph, 57.4 into the wind and 57.9mph coming back. My roost is not quite as tall as the motor hood.

Viewing 28 posts - 61 through 88 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.