P2

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Lot’s of leaves/debris in the water as well which made pitching difficult in many areas.

Maybe the only annoying thing about early fishing on the river.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

has anyone been on Pool two by the dam or the confluence lately? Heading there tomorrow evening.

procor
    Mounds View, MN

mplspug, I was out today up at the dam and saw one fish caught there on a jig minnow and that was it. There were three boats there. Slid down stream and worked a couple spots along the way to the confuence. Nothing. Worked the confluence and other current seams in the area. Nothing. The current was ripping along pretty good and fast. The flow increased while we were out there which didn’t help. Getting out of the main flow area..we were still drifting at 3,7-3,8 mph.ended the day with some beautiful weather and no fish.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Fishing was pretty decent at the dam Wednesday evening. Nice sized fish. Managed a 24, 25 and 26″er. along with several other walleyes.

That was Wednesday night. Water came up a good foot or more over night. Current seams moved all over the place. Lot of leaves and crud in the water. Got skunked tonight.

matt

Got 1 small guy near downtown and one by the confluence.Tried allover the place yesterday.All I got by the dam was slime and debris,plenty of that to be had.

dj00140

Quote:

Fishing was pretty decent at the dam Wednesday evening. Nice sized fish. Managed a 24, 25 and 26″er. along with several other walleyes.

That was Wednesday night. Water came up a good foot or more over night. Current seams moved all over the place. Lot of leaves and crud in the water. Got skunked tonight.

What were they biting on? If you dont mind me asking

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Big Rainbows.

Tim J
    Duluth, MN

Got out this morning leaving from hidden falls. I’m a novice river fisherman so I am happy I got off the water without any issues with the way that current was ripping. Shopping for a new anchor, any suggestions? No fish caught, many fish marked. Maybe 3-4 other boats out fishing near the confluence. Cold rain early but dried up nicely later on.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

We use a Richter. Brian K uses the fluke style. I personally like the Richter better because it is less cumbersome.

Rely more on the posts to follow from more experienced river fishermen.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

If you are going to try and anchor in that fast current around hidden falls maybe try a rictor. Need the weight to get the anchor to the bottom in that current. That area is one of two spots where my water spike would not dig into the bottom. Anywhere else on the river i like the lighter water spike.

Tim J
    Duluth, MN

If you weren’t anchoring up by the dam then how where you fishing? (your previous post mentioned catching them up by the dam) I would have drained my trolling motor fighting that current.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I fished out of the main current. No problem for the trolling motor. Have in the past had to just run the main motor to hold on fishing spots up there. That was in much higher water than we have now. Basically hold the boat in place so the guy up front can cast. Wouldnt even want to think about trying to throw a anchor in those conditions.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.