Weekend on Pool 3

• sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

When I want to eat some fish I head to pool 3, I did alot of hunting and pecking around fishing crawlers and leeches and not getting anything. I put on a shad rap and started doing some trolling and immediately started banging fish. If I fished shallow it was a firetiger shad rap, and if it was deeper I had a 3 way rig and floating rapala. Most of the fish we caught were saugers, and some very nice sized ones, up to 19 inches. The biggest walleye was just shy of 28. All in all it was a great weekend on the river, there were hardly any people out fishing which was fine by me the water temps. were anywhere from 62-65, and the clarity was pretty good. I am usually getting fish on live bait with these temps. i not sure whats up with that but I’ll take them anyway I can get them

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Very nice catch.

marbleyes
    Holmen, WI

Looks like you will have to make jerky out of that 28 incher.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Great report. Still cant seem to get anything going on crawlers here on pool 2 either. Live bait should kick in very soon.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Wow looks like you had a good weekend!!!

sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

The biggest one I kept was my one over 20, it was 22 and it was a male fish, I’ve never seen a male so swollen up, he most have been busy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.