Licensing

• adamgdunn
    Iowa

I am going to fish pool 8 this weekend and am wondering what I need to have for licensing. We are launching from the Wisconsin side of the river, but I want to know if I can fish the Miss. with my Minnesota license, or if I need to have a Wisconsin license. I am from Iowa so I will be fishing on an out of state license either way.

Thank you!

Knutty

troy-starch
    stoddard wi

yep all you nead is the MN lisens,you can fish up to the RR tracks on the wi side.good luck post back and let us know how you did.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

You can fish track to track on your minnesota license and actually past the dam down to the MN/IA state line. After that you’d have to have either an IA or WI license…

You have to obey the laws of the states water that you are in, e.g. 2 lines on the MN side of the mid line and 3 lines on the WI side.

hangartner
    fayette,iowa

Quote:

yep all you nead is the MN lisens,you can fish up to the RR tracks on the wi side.good luck post back and let us know how you did.

If he brings the fish out on the wi. side is he legal ??

adamgdunn
    Iowa

I thought about that and reasoned that if I were fishing in Minnesota as a non resident and transported fish across the border, I am still legal because I caught the fish in Minnesota. I’m not sure this is any different. I just need to follow Minnesota law. I saw something about a special harvest regulation for bluegills. Is that the case for pool 8?

Any word on the Walleye bite? Pike? Panfish?

Knutty

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

I saw something about a special harvest regulation for bluegills. Is that the case for pool 8?

Knutty

Yep…The limit is 10,in possession, on the MN side of the river in all of pool 8

adamgdunn
    Iowa

Reporting from pool 8 from the weekend> Didn’t do very well. Fished hard for a few northerns, a few small walleyes and saugers, and a few panfish over the weekend. Was a good learning experience. The river is definitely a different fishing experience than I’ve ever had before. Fun experience and can’t wait to go back even though the fishing was tough.

Knutty

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.