pool 3 report

• denver
    farmington,mn

Gordon and I went up to Lake Winnie last week with little success on the lake. Then we decided to hit the Mississippi River up there and did better. We had a couple nice walleyes and nice northern pike on the Mississippi River. I had always wanted to check the Mississippi River out up there and finally got it done. I was amazed at the depth in the Mississippi River up there. It was hard to find shallow feeding areas. But when we did, we caught fish. Here is a picture of Gordon with his 21 in walleye.

Pool 3 report 9/12-9/16

I got out on Monday for guided trip with Donald and Peter. We started out fishing in the dark and could not seem to get any takers. Then we headed down Mississippi River from Prescott and had great success trolling the rig and also dragging jigs. The fish we had working seemed to be in 4 foot of water. Jig color was all over the board from orange, blue, and also green. The cranks I have been using are # 5 jointed shad raps. Fire tiger, red craw, and also blue silver were working. Most of the fish we took home were dragging on this trip. We had a total of 10 keepers and about 50 fish in a half day trip. Pictured below are Donald and Peter with the biggest walleye of the day a 23 incher.

Then on Wednesday, I got out with Cary. We had great success in the same area as Monday using the same presentations and colors. Cary (Indy) is always fun to take out. He is becoming a river fisherman. His biggest fish of the day was a 19 ½ incher and his biggest he has caught to date. Here is a picture of Cary with his nice catches from our outing on Wednesday.

I also got out Friday and had a nice day to myself. The fish cooperated well for me I had my limit in 9 trolls past a spot. Water temps are coming down so the big runs are getting ready to kick in.

joemama
    North St Paul

did you go “up” the missippi or put in below the dam ?? i’ve fished the river where is flows into winnie a few times with absolutely no luck

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Thanks for the report Denver

denver
    farmington,mn

I went down below traveled alot of the water my buddy Gordon is from that area and new a launch we could go out of. there was nothing easy about finding them. I always like to check new parts of river out since I fish the croix and pools 2 – 10 all year.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Quote:

I went down below traveled alot of the water my buddy Gordon is from that area and new a launch we could go out of. there was nothing easy about finding them. I always like to check new parts of river out since I fish the croix and pools 2 – 10 all year.

Denver, didnt you launch out of Schoolcraft?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.