Twins 2022

• ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Let’s run the sabermetric clowns out of the front office and get some baseball guys in there. The starting line up is a joke. Injuries affect all teams. I know, some more than others. Lopez from Baltimore has been a flop. Kepler is a consistent 246, 17, and 52. Not good enough. They are my favorite team- like the Vikes. I won’t waver, but we can do better. Whatever became of Sano?

Walleye Man42

Sano is on the IL with the rest of the team. I looked today and I was in shock, we are 10 games out of first just like that and 4 games under 500. next year is going to be an interesting year, hopefully there will be some changes to the organization with the sabermetric clowns and Baldelli, hopefully a new third base coach. We were suppose to have all these outfielders and we have Cave, Contreras and Wallner in the lineup.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Wallner’s arm will play in the big leagues, his bat has looked pretty good but his defense needs a lot of work before he can become a full time starter. They will play him every game since the season is over so that he gets a taste and the team can get a better look at him. Contreras, Cave & Celestino should be the starting outfield in St. Paul. They can promote them as the three “C’s”

orve4

Analytics in sports feels like the coaches and managers can use that as an excuse and say well the analytics supported this decision. Does anyone actually go and check if that is the case? The thing is the two guys they wanted to build this franchise around never play more then half of the season. You cant project there numbers for a whole season because they never play a whole season. We need arms to win.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Ryan
    Ober
    Maeda

are a nice start to a rotation. A couple more ++ arms and the rotation will be set.

I don’t know what the contract status is on the kid from Cincy or Bundy is why I didn’t include them. Archer and Sano would be a great start towards that new hot tub the trainers need.

Baldelli….we can question his moves but we also can question whether they are his moves or orders from Falvine.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Just read that China Doll is set for knee surgery. doah

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I really think Paddock will come back and be a solid rotation piece as well. The only things I hate about that trade is they didn’t do their homework on his injury and of course bringing Pagan here.

I also think Mahle will be a big piece next year if he can stay healthy. But that’s always the question with this regime’s teams isn’t it? I don’t understand why no one is critical of this training staff. The players get hurt more and stay on the DL three times longer than other teams players. That really needs to get looked at.

Personally I think they should keep the rotation the way it is, Ryan, Grey, Maeda, Paddock (if healthy), and Mahle. No big ace but that could be a very nice rotation. They need to go out and get established, proven arms for the bullpen, do everything they can to get Correa to stay and find a nice bat for RF. Then IF THEY STAY HEALTHY I think they’d get back to the playoffs if Rocco doesn’t find a way to F it up.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Add your three with my three plus Gray & Paddock and you have a rotation to compete with Cleveland & New York.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m not sure we’d compete with the Yanks if we had 5 cy young winners in our rotation.

JEREMY
    BP

So he has an excuse next spring.

orve4

But if he stays health he is an MVP candidate. LOL

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Did anybody here go to the games over the weekend to see Ohtani & Trout?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I sense the sarcasm but it’s virtually impossible.

For one, he will never be healthy with chronic knee/hip.

Two, MVP candidates are usually able to bat their weight

Willing to make some wagers? feel free to reach out. I’ll give you better odds than Vegas

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Why they wait so long?

One of the brass said the surgery is to “clean up” some things and he should be able to start resuming activity in a few weeks. WTF!! Should have done that back in May/June unless Buxton didn’t want to do it during the season.

orve4

Josh Johnson wrote:

I sense the sarcasm but it’s virtually impossible.

For one, he will never be healthy with chronic knee/hip.

Two, MVP candidates are usually able to bat their weight

Willing to make some wagers? feel free to reach out. I’ll give you better odds than Vegas

I have never been a buxton guy that believed he would stay health. I have made plenty of money and cases of beer off of my friends that I have placed bets with.

Ripjiggen

St. Peter “well north of where are revenues suggest it should be in terms of if your revenue suggest that you can pay up to a certain part, our revenues are well below where our payroll is, relative to that.”

Um what?
    Can you repeat the part about the stuff where you said about the things.

Hurts my head to even read that line.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

St. Peter “well north of where are revenues suggest it should be in terms of if your revenue suggest that you can pay up to a certain part, our revenues are well below where our payroll is, relative to that.”

Um what?
    Can you repeat the part about the stuff where you said about the things.

Hurts my head to even read that line.

Haha exactly. Someone once said if you’re asked a yes or no question and the answer is anything besides yes, it’s no regardless of how much BS you spout.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well their revenue is certainly going to be down this year. Pretty sure I read it was the worst season attendance since 2015 or something like that.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Well their revenue is certainly going to be down this year. Pretty sure I read it was the worst season attendance since 2015 or something like that.

Attendance is barely a factor in revenue, as they still collect all the season ticket revenue regardless of attendance. And with revenue sharing and the TV deals it’s north of $150m/year the league sends them alone, which is just not comparable to the whatever a bleacher or standing room only seat sells for. Even 10’s of thousands of them.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I understand that but I was glad to see the fans finally said ENOUGH and stopped going to the stadium.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I understand that but I was glad to see the fans finally said ENOUGH and stopped going to the stadium.

Agreed. And on a personal note, it’s good to see my work paying off! chased rotflol rotflol

Ripjiggen

I find it funny that they use attendance as a baseline for what they can spend going forward. Seems backwards to me.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I find it funny that they use attendance as a baseline for what they can spend going forward. Seems backwards to me.

That’s just their tactics to gloss over why they aren’t going to spend more money next season.

Ripjiggen

Oh well aware. I am sure they will sign a shortstop and a reclamation project pitcher and run it back.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Well 1 bright spot. Arreaz wins batting title!!👍👍👍

Ripjiggen

One of the few players I really enjoy watching hit.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

One consolation was the last couple games I attended were around 2hrs 40 mins. Starters into the 7th inning.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

One consolation was the last couple games I attended were around 2hrs 40 mins. Starters into the 7th inning.

Wow, you got lucky! You saw 2 out of the 3 of those games! jester

Viewing 30 posts - 1,531 through 1,560 (of 1,580 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.