Twins 2022

• blank

Heard that a month ago the Twins were tied for 1st place. At the end of the season they were closer to last place and 6 games under .500 doah

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Just when Rocco convinces us that pitching doesn’t matter, the Indians & Rays are locked up 0-0 in the 12th. Oh, thats the play-offs the Twinks gagged away.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

15 innings and the Indians walk it off. 11 total hits and I think 39 strikeouts in the game.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Night and day pitching difference on most of the teams in the playoffs and the Twins. Funny, not many runs are scored when you throw quality strikes, get ahead of the batter and have them go after a pitch out of the zone.
    Heard Falvey or Lavigne the other day say “we need to figure out want went wrong and how to improve”. How about spending big money on some “top” pitchers. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the Pohlads own the team.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Twins will never buy the top line pitchers. They will need to develop them. Scherzer got beat, Ray got pounded, the Blue Jay starters went down in flames. The Indians did it with Bieber & Mackenzie. Both very good but neither what would be considered a mainline Superstars. Falvey and Levine talk a good game but have yet to assemble a team that can produce on the field. Now we will take another GIANT step backwards losing Correa.

Twins have some interesting problems to solve. Namely Miranda, Urshala, Kerilloff, Arreaz and even the fat kid.

Ripjiggen

Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t Urshela the only person they need to make a decision on as he is Arb eligible.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Twins fired the head trainer today. Best move they’ll make all offseason.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Hope Falvey is watching the play-offs. Another big time pitchers duel tonight in Atlanta.

Ripjiggen

He always watches. Unfortunately from afar.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Hope Falvey is watching the play-offs. Another big time pitchers duel tonight in Atlanta.

No, didn’t you hear him say how satisfied they are with their roster and coaching staff? Cuz Mr Mackey really did a lot for the pitching staff…. chased

Netguy
    Minnetonka

In the presser someone questioned Falvey/Lavigne (they are one and the same aren’t they?) about Windmill Watkins. Falvey/Lavigne said you are probably referring to some of the runners he sent home but he is repected throughout the organization.
    Then let him coach the players but not be the 3rd base coach.

FryDog62

In the presser someone questioned Falvey/Lavigne (they are one and the same aren’t they?) about Windmill Watkins. Falvey/Lavigne said you are probably referring to some of the runners he sent home but he is repected throughout the organization.
    Then let him coach the players but not be the 3rd base coach.

I’d love to see the video/article if you have a link of the presser. I don’t think I’ve ever seen more 3B coaching errors before and players out by 10 times the girth of Miguel Sano’s waistline..

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The new season has begun where the Twins are in on Correa, Judge and some front end starters! Spoiler alert they will just miss out, and some pocket protectors will say they were the #2 option rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Joe Maddon Sounds off on Analytics in Baseball (9/6/22)

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Thanks Dutchy. That got my day off to a great start!

The day of reckoning for analytics is coming faster than people think. Next year the shifts are gone, you have more and more players and managers bitching about them, and leadership in the MLB is starting to realize what a urine poor product baseball has turned into because of it.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

And yet they are bringing more & more softball rules into the game. My-O-My won’t 18-17 games be exciting!! I think doing away with the pitcher altogether & adding a batting tee the batter can set the ball on is the way to go. We can add sliding fences to the stadiums so the singles hitters can bang balls off of and over the wall. Oh the possibilities. coffee

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

This is what pitching and baseball people look like.

Jeremy Peña hit a home run in the 18th inning as the Astros defeated the Mariners, 1-0, in Game 3 of the American League Division Series at T-Mobile Park.

Mariners join the list of those knocked out by pitching. Yankees will soon join the list.

Ripjiggen

Was it great pitching or bad hitting. 🤷‍♂️ Seattle was the worst offensive team in the playoffs.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Pitching.

Ripjiggen

Can you imagine the twins trying to pitch 18 innings. Every fielder probably have had to pitch because they would have used all there pitchers by the 10th inning.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,561 through 1,580 (of 1,580 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.