Twins 2022

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Wild, Vikings, Wolves & Twins are in the business of selling hope.

Even your pal Gleeman is worried about the inactivity from the Twins so far. There are only about 3 pitchers from Gleemans 12 rotation option list from a month or two ago…..Gonna miss the boat again.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Gleeman is just a mouth piece for the Twins. All the athletic guys just either toss crap against the wall or pass along info given from the Twins.

They signed Buxton, I don’t see anybody else before the lock-out.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Gleeman is just a mouth piece for the Twins. All the athletic guys just either toss crap against the wall or pass along info given from the Twins.

They signed Buxton, I don’t see anybody else before the lock-out.

Not looking promising that’s for sure. We are getting closer to my biggest fear. Levine’s genius plan of not having a traditional rotation and going with a majority of relievers on the staff to start most games. I couldn’t watch that trash.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They do that and I’m done with them. There are other teams out there to follow.

Ripjiggen

Wild, Vikings, Wolves & Twins are in the business of selling hope.

One of these things is not like the other.

slough

Berrios’ 7/130 contract doesn’t look too bad now, especially to give a 27 year old. Wish they would have locked him up – now they’ll probably end up signing some scrap heap guys for 10 mill a year.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Might not even need a rotation this season if the players don’t bend a little in the bargaining.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Might not even need a rotation this season if the players don’t bend a little in the bargaining.

Both sides will be in full spin mode now. It’s sad but the fans asked for it. If we quit supporting the non-sense (TV contracts) they won’t have the money to fight over.

Oh well, nobody cares about the fans anyway, no matter what they say.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Dylan Bundy Twins deal: $4M salary next year w $1m buyout on 11m option in 2023. $5M guarantee

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Dylan Bundy Twins deal: $4M salary next year w $1m buyout on 11m option in 2023. $5M guarantee

Nice to see Falvey and Levine coming out of their holes. That’s one. We’ll see which version we get of him….

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Both Strohman and Gray off the market now. Gray was probably the most realistic higher end FA starter the Twins should’ve been going for.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Chris Archer will be the new target. 2 million a year. Expected ERA of 9.90, win loss record of 1-2, total innings pitched 55.5 (leads the staff)

Perfect pick! Unless Sweet Music Viola makes a comeback the 2022 rotation will be:

Archer
    Ober
    Dobnak
    Ryan
    Bundy

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Did a quick search on Bundy. Hah!! lol shock

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Did a quick search on Bundy. Hah!! lol shock

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”><iframe loading=”lazy” title=”Dylan Bundy pukes on the mound, a breakdown” width=”850″ height=”478″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/9KMZmgHFUQ8?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></div>

That’s what most of us will be doing when we see the starting rotation they break camp with…..

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Kaat can be the first HOF pitcher to start a season opener. It’s the only chance they have of selling any tickets.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’m surprised those two guys haven’t been brought up yet-Kaat and Oliva (finally) to the HOF!

stout93
    Becker MN

I’m surprised those two guys haven’t been brought up yet-Kaat and Oliva (finally) to the HOF!

I don’t get it. So they’re deserving now to get in, but not in the past 40 years?

I’m a big Oliva fan and thought he earned it, but why the wait? I get the first ballot guys and the differentiation with them and not saying Oliva was first ballot, but c’mon…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I don’t get it. So they’re deserving now to get in, but not in the past 40 years?

I’m a big Oliva fan and thought he earned it, but why the wait? I get the first ballot guys and the differentiation with them and not saying Oliva was first ballot, but c’mon…

Bc the baseball writers of America are a joke, and love nothing more than wielding the little bit of power they have.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The Baseball Hall of Fame’s “Golden Era Committee” elected Oliva and Kaat for enshrinement. Both players spent 15 seasons with the Twins and are two of the greatest players in franchise history. Former Minnesota Twins Tony Oliva and Jim Kaat will join the 2022 class to be elected into the MLB Hall of Fame

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I don’t know if I like the old man committee. I think they let in marginal players more often that ones that deserve getting in. I’m fine with Oliva getting in even though he only played for a short time, Kaat I’m still on the fence about. Felt the same way when Bert got in.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I’m fine with Oliva getting in even though he only played for a short time,

Oliva played for 15 years.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Bc the baseball writers of America are a joke, and love nothing more than wielding the little bit of power they have.

Exactly. I’m so sick of that garbage. Let’s talk the steriod issue-we all have opinions, people that coached have opinions, people that played while using or against those who used have opinions….any of those opinions matter when it comes to if steriod users will get elected? Nope. The only opinions that matter are of the folks who wrote columns for the teams.

I forget who it is, but that one voter who refuses to vote for anyone on the ballot for the first time? Talk about making it about yourself! These are athletes on baseball cards and Wheaties boxes. THEY’RE the ones that drew money and are in the news because of their eligibility. Quit trying to make yourself a story by feeling the need to post about whatever thoughts and agenda you had. Just cast your freakin’ ballot quietly. You’re a newspaper reporter.

End of rant.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Bonds , Clemons, A-Fraud will never get in, Rose also will never get in.

Writers blow it in some cases but often they get it right depending on what side of the fence you are on.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>
    I’m fine with Oliva getting in even though he only played for a short time,

Oliva played for 15 years.

Yeah but he was hurt for much of it.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Bonds , Clemons, A-Fraud will never get in, Rose also will never get in.

Writers blow it in some cases but often they get it right depending on what side of the fence you are on.

Not sure what they get right. I’m not a fan of any of those players listed, but to not include them ignores decades of league history. Put an asterisk or whatever strokes the writers ego’s enough, but they belong in the Hall imo. Especially Rose, now that the league is embracing sports gambling.

Umy
    South Metro

I would agree, if A Rod, Bonds and numerous others get in that have been established as cheaters ( steroids) then you need to consider Peter Rose as well. I agree that with the league endorsing gambling it’s the classic hypocrisy heads once again. And DAN, yes, you are a SPORTS WRITER – get over yourself or give the task to someone else!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Twinsfest cancelled.

It’s unclear if it’s because of the lockout or because they couldn’t find anyone to explain to the fans the Bundy signing. coffee

Umy
    South Metro

Man, the only things besides Hockey ( and Yellowstone) I watch religiously in this state and the the Twins are a complete – – itshow!!
    When I win the lottery I’ll hire all of you and we’ll have the best Baseball club in the land ( how do I buy a lottery ticket?)

Deuces

Cleaning out some drawers.

Willing to sell for one tank of regular unleaded.

No low ballers.

Seriously, this makes me want to see a game. toast

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20220310_182440570-scaled.jpg

2. PXL_20220310_182445746-scaled.jpg

KP
    Hudson, WI

Haha is Wally still working? I use to see him at Wild Games working but thats been a few years.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 1,580 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.