May 25 turkey

• protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

I anticipated that this spring was going to be action packed and short. But this ended up being one of the toughest, and disappointing seasons I only saw 3 toms all spring, and the birds never roosted in their usual spot. I passed on a group of 8 jakes on Tuesday morning in hopes of getting a chance at a tom in the next several days.
    My brother came to visit for Memorial Day weekend and we hunted together on Saturday morning. We didn’t hear any gobbles that morning, but had this group come in about 6:50 am. I moved the blind to the corner of the field where these birds ended up going. When they came out of the woods, they were within 25 yards of the blind. I ended up shooting this jake at 15 yards quartering away His beard is 5 3/4″ and weighs about 16-17 lbs.
    Every time my brother and I have hunted together this spring we have killed a bird
    2 of the 8 jakes’ beards had almost all beard rot making the beard look almost all yellow/gold. The jake’s beard that i shot had some beard rot too but not as bad

gobbler
    Central, MN

WTG!! Nice to see you’re still going at it. It seems that some years a guy really needs to work at it. Congrats

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Great bird, and big-beard for a jake! Congrats on the great hunting with your brother, and kudos for doing it with a bow!

Joel

ccales

Congatulations on the bird, especially with a bow!

backstraps1

CONGRATS I was also able to harvest a Jake on May 23rd.. 17.2 pound with a 5in beard…..

todders
    Shoreview, MN

You are no quitter Protour! Congrats and I admire the time you put in every spring with your bow

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

Congrats! Getting it done with a bow is not an easy task, yet you seem to consistently put um down

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.