NAFA auction?

• TeamBurbot

So over the years when it comes to sell my furs I have always just sold to a local fur buyer because I am to nervous to send my furs to the big show. But with all the talk of a possible good year and really wanting to see if I can turn a good profit off my favorite hobby I am thinking of sending furs away this year. What has to be done to be able to do this, and do you have to put up your furs differently then one might do already? Any info will be greatly appreciated thanks guys

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

There are some pros and cons with sending to NAFA. I do a split of my furs and sell local and auction. Local, i leave check in hand with no fees. Auctions are great, but keep in mind you have to pay a commission and fees. But, more than half the time, auction will pay more.

As for putting your furs up. Yes, they need to be put up to industry standards. I stopped in at the Stoughton, WI shipping location and met with some great guys to learn how they wanted them. They shown me a few minor details that helped pull a few extra dollars. Hey, you never know, you just may end up with a fat check AND a top lot certificate!

The folks there are great and I can’t stress enough to just give them a call. NAFA does a fantastic job in working with first time sellers. Just make sure you meet the receiving dates posted on the website.
    WISCONSIN*
    Virgil Schroeder
    205 Industrial Circle
    Stoughton, WI 53589
    M: 608.235.9482
    W: 608.205.9200
    H: 608.764.5218

MINNESOTA*
    Joe Edminster
    36940 Wabana Road
    Grand Rapids, MN 55744
    T: 218.327.7271
    M: 218.244.4570

bassmaster
    SE, MN

I would say sell with the NAFA. I’ve been doing it the last 3 seasons and have made A LOT more for my furs even after the fees. You can reduce the fees by joining the NAFA’s Wild Fur Shippers Council. You get rebates for being a member which also reduces the commision fees. If you want money in hand when you walk away they will pay up front for your furs. I would recommend going to there website and reading up on everything before making up your mind. All furs must be put up or you can pay them to do it. There fees for putting up furs is reasonable if you ask me. I let them put up all my beaver, less headaches for me for beaver are time consuming to put up compared to the rest of the furs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.