Winter Storms This Thurs-Sun

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I love you guys!

Iowaboy1

AHA! there you are EPG, wedding bells, bad, rings, bad, honeymoons, bad bad bad!!
    Renounce the devil before you lose it all again!!!
    Beer, good, friends, good, bourbon, good, no divorce good good good!
    Okay, IDO good too.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

AHA! there you are EPG, wedding bells, bad, rings, bad, honeymoons, bad bad bad!!
    Okay, IDO good too.

rotflol rotflol

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

They are forecasting multiple days of wind 50 mph in western MN. That will make a mess!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Okay, IDO good too.

well he’s not denying it??

Iowaboy1

Shoot, I was hoping he learned by now that the honeymoon is a preparty to the divorce, ugh, I spose I better give him a call or drive six hours to go see him and knock some sense into him lol.

Brittman

The three days of 30 – 45 mph (gusts) in the metro are forecasted Th-Sat.

If we are lucky the snow will blow off the lakes … just have to figure out how to get over that 4′ drift at the landing.

MX1825

Yep ib I believe it. South of town there is a 20 foot bank on the west side of the road. It was level across with snow. I drove my snowmobile up on top of it and stopped, got off it and there was a hole in the snow. You could look down the hole about 15 feet and see a car. The snow had made like a cavern over top of the car. Me and the snowmobile were standing on top. The snow pack was that hard. This was on Tuesday sfter the storm was over.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Sounds like a North Dakota storm!

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Hope its wrong !

Attachments:
    1. 320945445_751318643241313_7605803514253175698_n-1.jpg

27eyeguy

Feel you pain Suzuki. Have a cabin in NW WI also, lot of snow and power went out around 2am Thursday, finally got that back Saturday around 6pm. Keep the shovel n joints well lubed, think we are gonna need it.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

lmao 52 inches of snow in northern Wisconsin?! Good god almighty

Reef W

wtf is a “bomb cyclone”? lol

Attachments:
    1. Local_Weather_Forecast__News_and_Conditions___Weather_Underground.png

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

wtf is a “bomb cyclone”? lol

Yeah, that sounds like good hunkerin down drinking weather!
    I better stock up. toast

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Going go be some chilly times in a tree!

CaptainMusky

wtf is a “bomb cyclone”?

Its a rapidly barometric pressure dropping low pressure system. Bombocyclogenesis. Ever hear of “Too Tall Tom Schimanski from Fargo? 7 foot tall meteorologist. He used this term the first time I ever heard it while I was in college. He was intense and his forecasts were hilarious. Its likely because of him the snowfall map of 1-78 inches started.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Supposed to be taking our oldest to an appointment at Childrens Hospital on Thursday….may need to play that by ear.

CaptainMusky

Supposed to be taking our oldest to an appointment at Childrens Hospital on Thursday….may need to play that by ear.

Be safe! This could be a knockout blizzard if predictions are true.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Hope things are ok with the kiddo.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The latest models seem to show most of the snow in SE MN, and most of WI. Either way, this will pack a punch with the cold temps and wind blowing snow around. I’d expect basically no visibility anywhere in the region late Wednesday into Thursday.

We’ve got the 6′ tall blade mounted and ready on a tractor to bust through drifts around the building and in the driveway. Last night’s 2″ of fluff here coupled with maybe 10mph winds left notable drifts the full length of our 1200′ driveway. A fresh 8-10″ of powder will really stack up I’m sure.

Charles

Make sure you have gas for the generators, those trees are going to start snapping.

dirtywater

I should be careful what I ask for, but I’d rather have a nice 12″ at once then 1-2 inches daily that forces me out with the shovel every night. I also clear snow for 2 of my neighbors and getting rid of 2 inches takes twice as long as 8 inches.

Reef W

I should be careful what I ask for, but I’d rather have a nice 12″ at once then 1-2 inches daily that forces me out with the shovel every night.

2″ isn’t forcing me to do a damn thing

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>waldo9190 wrote:</div>

Hope things are ok with the kiddo.

Routine check up for hearing tests and her hearing aid; all is good! toast

Ripjiggen

I should be careful what I ask for, but I’d rather have a nice 12″ at once then 1-2 inches daily that forces me out with the shovel every night. I also clear snow for 2 of my neighbors and getting rid of 2 inches takes twice as long as 8 inches.

You will regret saying that with 40mph winds added to that.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Ah that’s great to hear. Just knowing what Children’s does always make my mind go to a bad place I guess. They are great people down there.

dirtywater

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dirtywater wrote:</div>
    I should be careful what I ask for, but I’d rather have a nice 12″ at once then 1-2 inches daily that forces me out with the shovel every night.

2″ isn’t forcing me to do a damn thing

I hear you — BUT: 2 inches one day, 1 inch the next, and another 1.5 the next is almost 5 inches. If you wait til day 3 it’s already been compacted into the sidewalks with a layer of ice underneath. We have a lot of older folks as well as families with kids and dogs that walk in our neighborhood, so it’s common courtesy (and city code) to keep the sidewalks clear.

dirtywater

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dirtywater wrote:</div>

You will regret saying that with 40mph winds added to that.

Probably! I don’t want the wind, but I’d rather have big snow than death by a thousand cuts.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The latest models seem to show most of the snow in SE MN, and most of WI.

That is what I’m seeing too. Wisconsin is going to take on the bullseye. Chicago will be a disaster zone.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Okay, IDO good too.

iowaboy…….you do realizt that iffin EPG has “that look” in his eyes…………..no way anyone is going to stop him from a honeymoon, right? rotflol doah rotflol

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 162 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.