Winter Storms This Thurs-Sun

• Sharon
    SE Metro

…WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE FRIDAY NIGHT…

WHAT…Blizzard conditions possible. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 10 inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 50 mph.

WHERE…Portions of central and east central Minnesota.

WHEN…From Wednesday morning through late Friday night.

IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult or impossible. Widespread blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility. Gusty winds could bring down tree branches. The dangerously cold wind chills as low as 35 below zero could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS…This could be a life-threatening situation if you get stranded traveling late this week. Consider adjusting any travel plans now.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…

Prepare for possible blizzard conditions. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.

Monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.

More Information
    …BLIZZARD CONDITIONS AND DANGEROUSLY COLD AIR LIKELY LATER THIS WEEK… …TRAVEL THURSDAY THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT COULD BE IMPOSSIBLE AND LIFE-THREATENING…

Snow will overspread the region Wednesday and bring several inches of fluffy accumulation through early Thursday. Winds will be relatively light Wednesday and Wednesday evening. Then, strong northwest winds gusting as high as 55 mph and dangerously cold air will surge in Thursday through Saturday morning. Whiteout conditions are expected during that time with travel becoming very difficult or impossible. This event could be life-threatening if you are stranded with wind chills in the 30 below to 45 below zero range. Travel plans for late this week should be adjusted now. In addition, heavy snow remaining on trees from the last storm and strong winds arriving could result in tree damage and power outages as temperatures drop below zero.

A Winter Storm Watch is in effect from Wednesday through late Friday night for all of central and southern Minnesota and west central Wisconsin. A Wind Chill Watch is in effect Thursday through Saturday morning for southern and western Minnesota.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

That sucks. To much winter already and it isn’t even Christmas yet.

SR

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Dang ice castles won’t be able to hoard up the local lakes. We already have 12 plus here in north branch. On another note it’ll be a tough season with out a snowmobile, lol I’ll be stuck on shore with those castle guys

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

. To much winter already and it isn’t even Christmas yet.

Technically not winter yet! devil

-J.

CaptainMusky

Yeah this looks to screw up a LOT of people’s travel plans. The snow doesnt worry me, but those winds will be something you just cannot deal with.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

This is not good!
    on the bright side I’ll be heading to Cabo for NYE and the Captain said this –

Perfect, thanks Matt!

The marlin bite is still quite strong, and we’ve got them on the line every day, along with dorado. A little bit of wahoo as well, and the tuna bite is picking up. Should be a great trip!

We’ll send you an email with directions to the dock and a summary of your charter details about a week before your charter, so that everything you need is at the top of your inbox.

See you in January!

Have a great day,
    Rob

Kingfish Cabo
    Sport Fishing & Boat Charters

If you can’t get enough of fishing, follow us on Facebook for fishing updates and photos or Instagram at @kingfishcabo.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Yeah kinda a bummer right before and into Christmas. My in-laws are supposed to come from western MN and I know my kids would be bummed if they don’t come because of weather.

EPG- I am jealous. I have to wait until February for my salt water fix

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m still sore from snow removal at the cabin this weekend in NW sconny. Lots of trees down including one resting on my power line!
    I hope this next round doesnt wreck our plans up there over the holidays.

B-man

It’s shaping up to be one of those rare years where a snowmobile is a necessity around here.

Last year I finally gave in and bought a sled (2003 Pantera) to join my buddies on Canadian and remote Northern Minnesota lake trout trips. Had some good times last winter!

I took her out at home yesterday and put 50 miles on to burn the rust off the muffler, and looks like the four wheeler will be sitting out the rest of the season if this keeps up.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Rare is the year we can ride at Christmas but with the type of snow that fell last week most of the woodland trails by our place are unpassible due to limbs and trees over the trails. I may end up helping with that.

huntinforfish

If this keeps up all winter, the sleds will get plenty of miles!

Beast

Climate Change!!!!! old style blizzard JUST LIKE WE USE TO GET 40 YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS A KID!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

We literally went over 2 months without any moisture during all of September and October. That seems like ages ago already.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Might have to take the snowmobile to xmas this year….Yikes.

FinickyFish

I’m taking a buddy who live in Los Angelas ice fishing for his first time on Thursday. Glad I can give him the full experience haha. But, that definitely stinks for travelers. Luckily I’m not traveling till Sunday morning.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

“We literally went over 2 months without any moisture during all of September and October. That seems like ages ago already.”

Last Wednesday I was on the river with Mike W. That seems like ages ago already too.

Iowaboy1

flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame
    I have two boats coming from 3 hours away this week on top of a GT175 with the powerhead off that turned into a nightmare as did its lower unit, trailer brakes, an upper and lower unit on a sea ray, blah blah blah.
    The storm is supposed to dump 9 inches on us with 45 MPH plus winds from Wed. thru Sat morning.
    Even if we only got four inches and 45 MPH winds that will blow drifts over the roads here as dad used to say, ahole deep to a ten foot Indian.

lindyrig79

Yikes that is an ugly forecast. Haven’t seen that combination of wind, cold, and snow in quite some time.

Iowaboy1

Yikes that is an ugly forecast. Haven’t seen that combination of wind, cold, and snow in quite some time.

Lindy, been a long time for me too, fifty years ago when I was a kid regardless of weather we had chores to do day and night.
    When winters were like this storm is shaping up to be we would tie a rope to the side of the house, down to the old oats bin and to the barn from there.
    We used that rope to guide us to the barn and back to the house when it was snowing so bad we couldnt see either one from the other.

Back in April of ’73 we had a blizzard hit, the snow was so heavy and the wind was blowing something fierce, 60 per if memory serves me, that we couldnt see the light we left on in the barn, and a few hours later we lost power, it was out for three or four days.
    The total distance from the barn to the house was maybe 200 feet?
    Anyway, when you are a young whippersnapper in sh!t like that you didnt dare let go of the rope!
    I gotta tell ya, I do not miss milking cows by hand!

lindyrig79

That is pretty crazy, IowaBoy!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

This is not good!
    on the bright side I’ll be heading to Cabo for NYE and the Captain said this –

Perfect, thanks Matt!

The marlin bite is still quite strong, and we’ve got them on the line every day, along with dorado. A little bit of wahoo as well, and the tuna bite is picking up. Should be a great trip!

We’ll send you an email with directions to the dock and a summary of your charter details about a week before your charter, so that everything you need is at the top of your inbox.

See you in January!

Have a great day,
    Rob

Kingfish Cabo
    Sport Fishing & Boat Charters

If you can’t get enough of fishing, follow us on Facebook for fishing updates and photos or Instagram at @kingfishcabo.

HONEYMOON again!! devil whistling devil rotflol

Jason

It’s all fake news until it truly happens.

My plans are to hit the liquor store early and take cover for the long holiday.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Yeah, make sure you’re well stocked with your favorite libation. 3-4” of light fluff today and another 5-10” of light fluff in the upcoming storm plus high winds. Uff da!

And EPG, moon devil

MX1825

Sheldon I remember that 73 April storm. We got 18 inches of white u no what. Wind blowing like crazy. From a Sunday night to Wed. morning the State highway was closed. Some township roads were closed till Fiday. We did have power though. Worked on nothing but snowmobiles for 4 days. Thursday noon I delivered a gallon of milk to a home in the country with a baby by snowmobile. Our snowmobile group shuttled hospital nurses and workers on their shift changes. You could ride right on top of 10 to 20 foot high snowdrifts. Cars were totally buried in places. Never want to see that again.

MX1825

Oh yea EPG!!! moon devil
    Seems to be the standard answer!!

Iowaboy1

EPG?? on a honeymoon?? WTF! I knew that skunk beer can make you batsh!t crazy but I would have never dreamed that!!
    Maybe he hit himself on the head too many times with a hammer instead of the head of the nail, oh, now I get it, she nailed his hammer to the wall and announced who was boss??

glenn57
    cold spring mn

EPG?? on a honeymoon?? WTF! I knew that skunk beer can make you batsh!t crazy but I would have never dreamed that!!
    Maybe he hit himself on the head too many times with a hammer instead of the head of the nail, oh, now I get it, she nailed his hammer to the wall and announced who was boss??

doah doah shock

Iowaboy1

MX, we got 23 inches of heavy wet snow that night, you could not see the tops of the fence posts on our farm, drifts that were higher than the roof line on our old barn, you could literally walk from ground level to the roof top.
    A shop in town sold Massey Ferguson snowmobiles, they brought out a new battery for dads new truck and ran smack over the top of the neighbors Volkswagen beetle that was buried on the road.
    Three days later we heard an awful racket, it was an old D-8 Cat pushing a maintainer with a V plow on it down the road.

We lost several sheep, a couple of young calves, and an old cow that were buried in the snow and couldnt get to shelter.
    Kind of weird to see that much snow melt in just a handful of days, best part was we missed an entire week of school!!
    One thing about that year that I havent seen since, the oats crop in all of our area was the best we ever had, those were sown in late March just a few days before that blizzard.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 162 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.