Skeeters

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Holy explosion Batman. Mowing the lawn this morning they about ate me alive. Rain and oppressive heat & humidity must be the formula.

dbright
    Cambridge

Up until last week we had it pretty good around Cambridge but that has changed. Deer flies have disappeared though.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I was picking beans in the garden last night, and I think the mosquitoes nearly carried me away. Thankfully, I rarely react to the bites.

Charles

Up until last week we had it pretty good around Cambridge but that has changed. Deer flies have disappeared though.

NO FREAKING KIDDING! I am located west just across the river and the last few days its been in freaking insane. My little propane skeeter trap is having a hard time keeping up haha.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I ws up in Itasca county last weekend and both the sqeeters or deer flies werent really all that bad!!!!!!!!!

Sharon
    SE Metro

Thankfully, I rarely react to the bites.

They don’t make you itch like a SOB? I’ve always wondered how some people have no reaction and others could itch their skin off.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

They don’t make you itch like a SOB?

Nope. I occasionally get one or two that itch, but I usually don’t have any reaction to them.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Sharon M wrote:</div>

Nope. I occasionally get one or two that itch, but I usually don’t have any reaction to them.

its the BAC!!!!!!! devil devil whistling

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I used to react to them, but no longer do. I thought I read somewhere that you can build up “immunity” over time. Kind of like how I am highly allergic to cats, but since I was always around them, I stopped having reactions.

It’s odd that some things you don’t build up an immunity to. I still have problems with dust and mold. Also, when you move to a new region, the knew types of pollen will reek havoc.

My immunity may stem from the mosquito challenges we used to issue as kids. You would challenge your friend to see who could go the longest being bit on the legs before slapping them or running away. Good times. P

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

The skeeters were out in full force on the east side of Mille Lacs this weekend. Worst I can remember in recent years. chased

-J.

dbright
    Cambridge

I started out last week needing a Thermacell to be out in the yard to needing a the highest deet bug spray I could find by Thursday. It was miserable doing yard work or working in the garage since Thursday.

basseyes

x2.

Deer flies just vanished into thin air and the skeeters are beyond brutal. Dusk it is impossible to do anything outside. Pants, hooded sweatshirts, a cigar and a good 30 mph wind are helpful to keep the bugs tolerable.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Couldn’t escape them out here in colorado and Wyoming either. Dang near 100 degrees out in the Prarie dog colonies and the Skeeters are horrible

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Same here. Never any bumps. Now all a tick has to do is lick me and I have a bump.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Stop your complaining

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

We seldom have skeeters in Lakeland at our home.

Not so this year! I figured it was from the new lawn that I was letting grow long and keeping moist.

Sounds like I’m not alone.

jerry b
    western WI

They’re totally brutal out here. Last evening call for the pups will see me with a long sleeved shirt and mosquito netting. I did notice tho, the past few days with the heat indexes so brutally high they weren’t as bad as when the index is down around 55*. We’re going thru a new hatch of the little dive bombers now- – -jerr

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.