100 Best Wisconsin Trout Streams

• markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

New book coming out in the near future. Another great kiss and tell book. Guess there are no secret streams anymore. Hear it is the guy’s third book. Will be buying my copy ASAP.

LenH
    Wisconsin

is the book going to be like TUs book or more specific?

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

I hear it has GPS coordinates and even tells you which fly to use. Dream come true.

LenH
    Wisconsin

the anti kiss and tell crowd will be livid.

ozzyky
    On water

Quote:

I hear it has GPS coordinates and even tells you which fly to use

If you need that in order to catch fish, your probably not going to catch the fish anyways. You can be on fish but that’s doesn’t always mean there going to bite. It may help, but no guarantee.

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

ozzyky you sound like a walleye fisherman. Trout are pretty consistent. Average catch rate is 1+/hour. For walleye it is 1/30hr. Yet if you know what you are doing you can hit em, right? Right now is awesome time. Was chasing them in canals during shiner run on Tonka recently.

Anyway, hatches and time of hatches per month are consistent. Plus big trout cannot resist bait at low light. Spinners in riffles early am or at dusk. Killer any day of the season.

mark winkels

It might get people to try new holes. I doubt it will cause one stream or another to get over fished! It can’t be any worse than the Brule when things are going!

whittsend

Quote:

For walleye it is 1/30hr.

1 walleye every 30 hours???

I used to think I was a so-so walleye fisherman…. I must really be a walleye stud, though, if the average catch rate is 1 every 30 hours!!

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

I think that’s every 30th of an hour… but one fish every 2 minutes seems a little quick for an _average_. Then again, what do I know? I’m a catfish guy.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

Average catch rate is 1+/hour. For walleye it is 1/30hr.

Let’s get this figured out so I know if I am a great walleye fisherman or complete flop!! I can’t do one every 2 minutes even on my best day.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

I dunno, with my luck one walleye every 30 hours seems… generous.

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

OK I was diggin’ around the DNR site. Thought I saw one walleye/30 hours. Now I cannot find that stat. One page I was on was this one showing one walleye/10 hours for metro area. See the bar graph on middle right side.

Walleye catch rate in MN

Sorry I think I distorted the facts. Thought I saw 1 fish/30 hours…

ozzyky
    On water

I guess when it comes to trout I’m pretty tight lipped depending on who I’m sharing information with, also spoiled I guess if that is the average catch time per fish. Granted I’m not a fly fisherman or livebait (rarely)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.