Floating the Zumbro River

• dan-thiem
    Zumbro Falls Mn.

A friend and I floated yesterday down by Hammond. Just using nightcrawlers. Just a friendly competition on how many roughies we could catch. I ended up getting more bass than roughies. And a 22″ 3.9 pound walleye. As soon as the pictures get developed I’ll post it. What a beauty. And she’s still swimmin!

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Nice fish. Sounds like ya had a day. Good Fishin Doug

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

You are on roll Dan. Lots and lots of fun.
    Thanks, Bill

dan-thiem
    Zumbro Falls Mn.

Here she is boys! Have a look at this beauty! Nice for outta the Zumbro aint she? The best part is she’s still swimin.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Very nice fish Dan. Bet you were surprised. They do swim up from out of the Mississippi River but you very rarely here of one caught up that far. Very nice catch.
    Thanks, Bill

Crickschop04

I forgot how much I enjoy that river! Thanks for the reminder Dan!!! We should find a night to share some shore here pretty soon.

hof
    Rochester, MN

Nice fish Dan. There is a good natural population of walleyes and saugers in the river all the way up to the dam.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice eye…any “big” fish?

A trophy in those waters I expect.

fireline
    Rochester

Any way of getting a small boat up below the dam ?

dan-thiem
    Zumbro Falls Mn.

Yes but you would have to cough up the twenty clams to do it. Going up from the Green Bridge isn’t an option. So it’s pay Mac’s the twenty or………

Today I went with my canoe to the Ponerosa. Putzed over to the dam and walked the trail down. It meanders through the woods and ends up down on the oposite side of Mac’s.

You would need a couple of young guys to hump the canoe back up though. I wouldn’t recommend it.

I tossed some heavy stuff at ’em today and only got one northern. Just a baby. Only 28″ long.

STELZ

we did just that on saturday, its a great way to get in some excersize and save 20 bucks… caught numerous smallmouth bass on just about everything, and a few white bass below the dam..
    that is a beautiful strech of river, and I can’t say I am sorry for Macs high prices, keeps the riff raff out…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.