Tuesday Night Bassin’

• Rugbyguy
    Cottage Grove, MN

What can people tell me about the Tuesday night bass tournaments at Lake Zumbro??

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Take off is 5:00 but am told that alot of times they will give to go ahead to take off at 4:30-4:45 pm. [someone will be in charge of take off/starting time] Weigh in is at 8:30. First one will be at Fishermans Inn then they will discuss whether to continue there or go to the Ponderosa ramp for the rest of the tournaments as the ski club practices at Fishermans Inn also. Cost is 20.00 per boat with max of two people per boat. If you don’t have a partner for a night you can still fish it by yourself. They are on Tuesday nights every week up til around October when it starts getting dark earlier and then they switch to Sunday mornings. Very low key tournaments that are fun to fish. Great way to have fun fishing with a buddy and also learn more about bass fishing on Lake Zumbro.

Thanks, Bill

ps. You don’t need a bass boat to fish these tournaments. I have seen boats ranging from big fancy bass boats down to 14 ft tiller boats. ALL boats catch fish.

STELZ

I can tell you it is a great time! You don’t have to be a pro to get involved in this, Really, its just some friendly competition and a great way to get out every week, The zum will humble you at times for Bass, everyone certainly has a great chance out there. Be sure and try and make it, you will not be sorry you did!
    Mike

jjonsgaard
    Winona, MN

do you need a livewell or would a cooler with a portbal aerator work???

ikeslayer
    Rochester, mn, Usa, Earth

by portable do you mean a cooler or something like it with an aerator? then probably. i don’t think anyone will give you any trouble with that setup. I think if you had a cooler with ice you might get some flack. ike

mikem
    SE Minnesota

Any fish weighed last night?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.