New vehicle.

• Musky Ed

My wife got a traverse in 2018, and we really like it. Rides great, great inside room, easy parking, great power, and incredible fuel mileage, 28-30 mpg freeway. We have about 70,000 miles on it now, and had to get new tires at 62,000 miles. Only problem so far was with the rear hatch closing, and that happened right after buying and was fixed. There have been some reports of people with transmission problems, and because of that I have done two transmission drains to get fresh fluid in. Will do another drain in a couple weeks for the last time. Really simple, drain plug right on bottom of transmission, 6 qts ea time at $30, so under $100 for 3 drains.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Lady Got t boned in the buick yesterday. 2019 with 19k on it. Totaled. Now looking at a Tahoe or 4runner. More so the runner just because fully loaded is 17k less. Any one run one and how do you like it? Or any one have a 21 Tahoe and what are your initial thoughts. She is also interested in a traverse. But im not a fan.

On my 3rd Toyota. One was the 4-runner, and loved it. Damn things will run forever, and the stupid little mickey mouse things like rear wiper motors just don’t break like GM stuff.
    I currently own a Tundra, and ex wife just traded her 4 runner in on a Highlander.
    My sister and brother in law were just hit head on at highway speeds in her Toyota Highlander. They were pretty beat up but lived to to buy another one.
    I’ve driven all kinds of makes and models over the years raising kids.
    I don’t know what it will take to get my away from Toyota. Sorry GM/Ford folks, Toyotas are just built better.

blank

All of the Toyota talk about reliability and no frills reminded me of this that I saw a couple days ago.

Attachments:
    1. corolla.jpg

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Those new Wagoneers or Jeep Grand Cherokee L with 3rd row both look pretty choice. Just don’t look at the Wagoneers price tag rotflol

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

My wife got a traverse in 2018, and we really like it. Rides great, great inside room, easy parking, great power, and incredible fuel mileage, 28-30 mpg freeway. We have about 70,000 miles on it now, and had to get new tires at 62,000 miles.

Yeah, I keep hearing what a crappy vehicle the Traverse/Acadias are. From people who don’t own them.

I have a 2013 Acadia that’s approaching 160k. The only non-wear-part I’ve replaced was a diff seal that was done under warranty at about 15k. Other than that it’s been tires, water pump, shocks/struts, all wear-out items.

My parents have a 2017 Acadia. Zero issues, never been back to the stealership since they bought it. Now at 110k miles.

Lots of comments about how bad these vehicles are if you don’t maintain them. Whaaaaaat???? You mean Chevy/GMCs require maintaince? Well, that’s it, I’m buying something that you don’t have to do maintenance to.

big_g
    Isle, MN

When I was in Maui… Most locals bought Toyotas… even my Technicians, half of them drive Toyotas… they talked about reliability… now, when it comes time for an oil change, they were 3 weeks out… either they only had 2 techs or they require more repairs than people let in. I call it the iPhone phobia. We could get you in for an oil change, no appt needed… we did quite a few Toyotas. Just a real world first persons perspective.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We ended up finding a very clean low milage 2015 Tahoe in Ohio on private sale for a very good deal. Went out and met him and just got home. Hope it will be a good vehicle.

Attachments:
    1. 20220122_141319-scaled.jpg

MnPat1

Has Toyota produced any full size trucks that get decent mileage and the frames don’t rot out? I haven’t heard of any yet.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Glad she’s alright!
    Totaled mine last weekend.
    Don’t know how it kept from rolling upside down in the creek… was like a movie teetering on edge!

Friday I bought the same year, with $40k less miles, for what insurance paid me for mine!

The one picture is my view from drivers chair

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220117-074312_Snapchat.jpg

2. 20220116_085343-scaled.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Glad she’s alright!
    Totaled mine last weekend.
    Don’t know how it kept from rolling upside down in the creek… was like a movie teetering on edge!

Friday I bought the same year, with $40k less miles, for what insurance paid me for mine!

The one picture is my view from drivers chair

That looks like a wild ride. Little butt puckering on that one I bet.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Has Toyota produced any full size trucks that get decent mileage and the frames don’t rot out? I haven’t heard of any yet.

The gas mileage no. Price you pay for going with a naturally aspirated V8. The frame rust recall for tundras was for models from 2000-2003 year trucks.

Nice vehicle bearcat!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MnPat1 wrote:</div>

The gas mileage no. Price you pay for going with a naturally aspirated V8. The frame rust recall for tundras was for models from 2000-2003 year trucks.

Nice vehicle bearcat!

Thank you. We love it so far. Drove in the storm last night to the white bear theater and took the kids to sing 2. The Tahoe handled exceptionally well. And I’m very jealous of the bose system. My next truck will have one.

mojogunter

My son’s 1500 ram with a 5.7 naturally aspirated V8 gets 21-22 MPG on the highway. I thought that was pretty good.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MnPat1 wrote:</div>

Nice vehicle bearcat!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

True but it uses cylinder shutdown technology – something I am definitely not a fan of.

If I didn’t pick Toyotas V8 the HEMI would be my next choice though

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

I’d avoid any GM product like the plague. We have a a half dozen or more 2016-2017 Silverado’s at my work and all but 1 (mine) has had its transmission replaced within 125-150K miles (3 have even had a 2nd tranny replaced). The one I drive is the only one that hasn’t been replaced yet, but I only have 100K on it, so I foresee a break down at some point this summer…

Called it!!! Not a shocker, but today my transmission took a dump on my work truck. It’s unbelievable to me how these generations of trucks never were recalled for this issue. Looks like it’ll be a few weeks before the new tranny gets here. Right in the prime of busy season! Chevy = GARBAGE!

JEREMY
    BP

If its a half ton should only take a few days gm has them in stock now. Dealer up the road from us has 143 of them.

Viewing 17 posts - 61 through 77 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.