New lures to try this season

• tim hurley

S- detail is for fishermen not fish. IMHO. Its action, an impression, a vibration. A flash that brings them in, a smell or taste that gets them to bite.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Absolutely. Lures are not for catching fish, but fishermen. That’s the honest truth.

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

Well there’s lots of toys for me to play with this season. We’ll just have to see if the fish likes which one?

This is the battle every year rotflol

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>slipperybob wrote:</div>
    Well there’s lots of toys for me to play with this season. We’ll just have to see if the fish likes which one?

This is the battle every year rotflol

Yeap. And sometimes old school methods trumps.

Karry Kyllo

That may be true but still, I will try some Salmo Rail Shads this winter.

tim hurley

Absolutely. Lures are not for catching fish, but fishermen. That’s the honest truth.

Yep and what is really amazing about that is if you find a lure that really does catch fish stock up on that lure. You might think that because it is such a great fish catcher that they will never take it out of production…
    WRONG!

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>slipperybob wrote:</div>

Yep and what is really amazing about that is if you find a lure that really does catch fish stock up on that lure. You might think that because it is such a great fish catcher that they will never take it out of production…
    WRONG!

I know right. Some of my favorite lures are actually out of production lures or that one or two seasons and then they drop production of it.

And sometimes the one that gets the most damage and stuff still get’s bitten more than the shiny new one.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Yeap. And sometimes old school methods trumps.

I checkeed the golden rod grubs while waiting for a deer to present itself on Saturday and they’re ready to pick. Nice and plump little suckers, just waiting to feed a fish. Can’t hardly get any older school than golden rod grubs.

iTinker

Want to try the demon tongue which Frostbite copied and named the dinner bell. Seems like it’s sold out everywhere though. Any other name it goes by?

I’m surprised Northland doesn’t have a copy too by now… That’s kind of their M.O.

Sylvanboat

See my post on Iceshanty.com with my review of the Kenders K-rip Mini Vibe bait. Sylvanboat.

SW Eyes

At the end of last year I picked up some Lindy Glow Spoons that has the little glow stick you snap into the back of the lure. I almost forgot I bought them. I was up at Red and it had been fairly slow. Well past dark and almost ready to go to the rattle reels and put a movie on.

Seen these in one of my boxes and thought I’d give them a quick try. Put on a gold tiger stripe stuck the glow stick in it and dropped it down. Two decent eyes in about a half hour hit those things pretty hard. That was it it was quiet the rest of the night. Now I have about 8 of these in different sizes and colors and will see what happens this year.

I’m a huge fan of the Northland Glo-shot spoon. I won’t go to LOW anymore without a few in gold with red glow sticks.

SW Eyes

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brandon S wrote:</div>
    Want to try the demon tongue which Frostbite copied and named the dinner bell. Seems like it’s sold out everywhere though. Any other name it goes by?

I’m surprised Northland doesn’t have a copy too by now… That’s kind of their M.O.

Northland has had a glow spoon out for years. I don’t know who was first, but they were right up there.

kayl

Kender’s K-Rip Rattle baits look really good. I’m just worried about getting them down fast enough when a 15mm is 1/64th oz. I ordered all the colors in the 15mm and 25mm sizes. I doubled up on the Wonderbread, Pink with Purple stripe and Gold Magma because they are my usual colors.

They sure look awesome! They make the Z-Viber look big!
    null

They didn’t copy it, it’s literally the same lure. Last year they had a scene in a video in which you could see the demon tongue packages with the spoons in them in a desk. It was a tour of their warehouse; I presume they were taking them out of the package before shipping them.

Edit: plus the guy who made those (“8mybait”) is their jig guy iirc.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.