April 5-10 @ Breezy, what to do?

• drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

I can move this to the Brainerd forum if I do not get much response.
    A good buddy and I are going to Breezy with the wives and 7 kids for spring break.
    Unfortunately, we will not have ice and will not likely have navigable open water.
    Does anybody have some decent activity ideas for the kids during that week?
    Of course they will want to spend some time at the pool, but I know that my kids are going to want to be outdoors for a large portion of the week.
    Wood duck boxes have already been added and all have had their bedding changed, boats are prepared and ready to go, the traditional spring activities will all be wrapped up by then.
    Thanks for the input folks
    cheers

seeds
    Bluff Country

Check out the Pillsberry State Forest off hwy. 210 between Brainerd and Pillnger… Great hiking and nature viewing. Otherwise, the Paul Bunyan Bowl in Brainerd is a neat stop for the folks and kids. Have fun

jhalfen

Don’t the crappies come into that bay that Breezy sits on in early April? Seems to me some dock fishing for crappies would be an option.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

Don’t the crappies come into that bay that Breezy sits on in early April? Seems to me some dock fishing for crappies would be an option.

YES. My father and I have experienced when we use to have an April week. The Channel my the chapel is another place to hit.

FDR

mrwalleye
    MN

Pack the long rods and find some Rocket bobbers for shore fishing
    I use that combo and peacock jigs to put the down on the crappies up there,
    even if the lakes have some ice on them, just look for back bays and coves that are free of ice, and you will find the fish

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

I’d be very surprised if the channels were open up there the first week of April. If they are then that would be the place to fish. And if they are then the channel by Upper Gull will be good too! Otherwise… Not sure there is much to do that time of year? Still a little snow up there and the trails can be muddy. Might worth a a walk on the Paul Bunyan trail? It’s paved. Or go to a water park at the hotels up there that have them? It’s even too early to go to where the Pine River dumps into Whitefish to see the DNR pulling out and stripping walleyes.

smokey

go ice fishing!!! There should be a good bite going in the area on the ice……north long is close by and last year at that time we nailed sunnies sight fishing in 3 ft of water out of the merrifield access.

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

Good ideas gentlemen, thank you
    cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.