NM draw, results posted

• les_welch

in 12 hours and 6 minutes.

PRETTY, PRETTY, PRETTY PLEASE………

shednut
    22 feet up

Good luck Les! I see that their entry numbers were way down this year due to the upfront license cost….should have a better chance at that coveted tag Do you put in for one of the Gila units? My bro lives in Silver City NM, they have some whopper bulls that hang around his house.

les_welch

Woohooo boys, spending September in New Mexico, after I kill my Wi bear of course!!!!!!!

I did apply for the Gila on my first two choices. I drew my third choice, which in reality I am VERY happy with. This way I can hunt longer, and this is a beautiful unit. Christmas came early for me!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Congrats Les!! Can’t wait to see some pics and hear the stories. I can hear the bugle now.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Congrats on the tag! Hope your able to knock down one of those NM giants.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Congrats Les!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Congrats Les!

Should be another intersting Fall for ya!

les_welch

Thanks guys, I can’t say how pumped I am. After seeing UNSUCESSFUL, on my last 16 elk applications, and this being my last chance of the year, I am fired up!

As the day wore on yesterday, I was really hoping not to draw my first 2 choices, and hoping for the third, somebody was listening, and man I can’t wait.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats Les! Let the planning begin!

big_g
    Isle, MN

shednut
    22 feet up

Congrats!

les_welch

Planning is done. I have my routes printed. I have my maps made and sealed. I make custom high detail topo maps for my areas. Camp-Mor sells a map sealer that is great. Really allows them to fold easy with out wearing, and all around makes them last. I know exactly where I am heading in on the first day. I have a 5.5 mile hike in to where I will camp. Should take about 4.5 hours. I’ll be at 10,400′. I will be leaving WI on Sept. 2 @ noon, and should arrive at the trailhead between 12 and 1 pm on Friday the 3rd. All I will have to do is strap on my boots and pack, and start walking. Should have “camp” set and water got, by 8pm. Just in time to unwind for the last half hour of daylight. Right now my pack is at 61.16#’s with no water, and I have a little food to add yet, along with my GPS weight. I will be trimming a few things out as time goes. Been training 3-4 days with a weighted pack, and still lifting 4 days a week, and teaching boot camp classes. I’m down to 162# and 11.9% Bodyfat, a little different than this time in ’08 when I was 211.6# and 34% Bodyfat. I’ve been tweaking my gear, pretty much nonstop for the last 3 years. Found some more really neat stuff, this past week. A few more options to look at, to trim some oz’s yet. 11 weeks…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.