Marcum Shuttle Story

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Sooo, back in May I was fishing off the back of the pontoon vertical jigging with the Marcum Shuttle and the LX6. Well I pull up anchor, start the toon, WOT across the lake. I hear a loud noise and look back. Crap!!! it’s bobbing up and down in the wake.
    Go back and scoop it out crossing my fingers it will work. LX6 ain’t coming back to life. The shuttle, well the light came on but the display was unreadable and after a while she went dead. So I figure I would see if I could dry it out and breath life back into it. Nope! So I threw it on a shelf in the shed.
    Flash forward 7 months – I was out messing around in the shed yesterday and I see a light glowing on the shelf, I walk over and the shuttle is ON and showing 53% battery. Are you kidding me! I brought it in a put it on the charger and it takes a charge. Back in business. It did lose the USB port cover, but I’ll figure out a way to waterproof that.

Crazy – it sat on a shelf with the power on for 7 months and nothing, then some how it came back to life.

Attachments:
    1. Shuttle.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

A Marcum Phoenix!

ozzyky
    On water

Glad to know I’m not the only one who has crazy things happen to me on the water

JoeMX1825
    MN

You should take the bottom plate off (you need to remove like 12 screws) the battery cells are likely heavily corroded.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

MX –
    you mean 17 LOL.
    Other than the nut holding the light, it was showroom new.
    Not much to these things is there.

Attachments:
    1. Inside.jpg

2. 17.jpg

JoeMX1825
    MN

hard to believe it looks that clean, good for you!

bigpike

Its a Christmas miracle!
    God bless us everyone

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Some guys have all the luck.It must be good,clean living.

Iowaboy1

thats what he gets for not being home when I stopped by the other day,I didnt know it had been dunked in the lake.
    JK,I hope it continues to work I might need it one day !

Doug M
    SE SD
    Attachments:
    1. tenor.gif

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.