LVS34 Bottom Separation

• marineman

I’ve watched the videos, read the posts… but looking for a upper Midwest opinion. I fish LOW a fair bit, and when I borrowed a livescope with a LVS32 transducer a year ago I wasn’t satisfied with the ability to see walleye come in on the bottom. Turning trails on helped, but I wasn’t satisfied.

Does the LVS34 transducer make a dramatic difference in bottom separation / ability to see walleyes coming in tight to the bottom?

Jim Stoeckel
    Above the clouds.

Based on my experience, the LVS 34 has noticeably better separation. I think you may be asking more than it is reasonably capable of for many users to identify. Even 2-d sonar can be difficult to find walleyes with their bellies on the bottom. The livescope settings have to be right and the user has to a good amount of experience to have a reasonable chance to find what you described. FWIW – walleyes actually lying on the bottom are rarely actively feeding from what I’ve found. Now find them like the pic below, I’m likely going to be able to put them into the net.
    I’m a North Central Mn user

Attachments:
    1. D15FD34C-FA19-41DA-B068-6FA1ED6E062E-scaled.jpeg

JoeMX1825
    MN

It does a little bit better than the LVS32, but if the fish are buried they will still blend in to the bottom until they lift off chasing the bait…bottom composition effects this as well, harder bottoms show targets easier in my experience…

Just think of the LVS34 being about 20% better in all aspects vs the 32… better range, clarity, sharpness, etc

BrianF

You’ll often be able to detect walleyes if lying tight to bottom on mud or sand flats, though even 40lb+ Muskies lying belly to the bottom on rocks or other irregular/weedy bottom structure won’t show up on the LVS34. Even with these limitations, I wouldn’t want to fish without my LVS34 running. Cast, locate the bait on the screen, and watch previously unseen fish dart up off the bottom to intercept or follow the bait. You can learn an awful lot about fish location, activity level, and reaction to presentation adjustments with that kind of data.

marineman

I appreciate the feedback! Some very good points made, especially the soft bottom part… makes sense.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

The 34 is on my list , searching for the great deal , i think will be waiting awhile LOL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.