More Lowrance problems

• mule170
    Bemidji

I was excited yesterday when the navionics update came out. So this morning I tried the update 4 times and it would not load into the unit. I called where I bought the unit wanting to get answers and the told me they had none and that I was one of many with the same problem. I’m thinking Lowrance released this unit way to early, thats what happens when the most important thing to a company is the bottom line. I am still waiting for them to return one of the 15 emails or phones calls! I have sat on hold for up to an hour and never talked to a human. What happened to customer service? Sorry to urine and moan so much, I am just so disappointed after spending $1000 on a HDS7. Money is not easy to come by these days!!

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Did you make sure the update made it onto the SD card?

mule170
    Bemidji

Its on the card. I actually deleted it and reloaded it 4 times. Just to make sure.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Are you loading the card first…..power off?

How big is the SD card you’re using?

mule170
    Bemidji

Yes I am loading the card first and it is a 2 gig.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I would try a smaller size card if you have one available.

I know the LCX units had some trouble with the larger SD

cards. Previous discussion on SD cards

Good luck!!

mule170
    Bemidji

ok I will try that. THANKS

slampig
    Clinton, Iowa

Just a FYI, my HDS-5 updated just fine with a 1GB SD Card.

jdccory
    Lake Superior

I downloaded the update to a 2GB card Saturday and the update loaded into my HDS-7 without any problems. I put the card in the slot, turned on the plotter and the update started immediately. It took a couple minutes to complete the process.

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

make sure you click on run not save or your down load won’t run when you put it in your unit at least on my LMS520C thats what happened too me

mule170
    Bemidji

Thats what I was doing wrong. I was selecting save instead of run. Now to get out and try the new chip. Thanks for everyones input.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.