Just bought a Hobie kayak for fishing

• Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

I haven’t seen much chatter about kayak fishing on here so I thought I would ask who else is fascinated by this growing discipline?
    I just ordered a Hobie Mirage Revolution 13. While not a dedicated fishing kayak it sounds like it is still popular for this. It’s a great all around use kayak.
    I’m outfitting it with a Lowrance Elite 4 HDI, some rod holders and other goodies.
    I can’t wait to get it on the water in a week or two.
    Anyone else fishing from a kayak? What have you discovered?
    Cheers!

FryDog62

Is that the hands free model where you power with pedals? I would think that would be a great way to fish and not have to constantly pick up and set down a paddle… Let us know how you like it..

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

I have a mirage outback we use in florida love it. next one will be the angler. great time up here in MN I have a ranger so no need for the kayak but it is sure fun to get into the back country mangroves in florida.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

^^^^THIS!

wish I could have brought my trucK. Now I am holding off for when the ring is Pais for. Then we’re getting a boat. Although I’d love to have on geared toward freshwater fishing like a used bass boat, I’m going to need something I can put in the intracoastal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.