pool 8 2-12

• kyle_seubert
    La Crosse, WI

My buddy brandon baum and i made it out on pool 8 saturday for an all day ice adventure. Since we had not been ice fishing as much as we usually do due to open water walleye fishing we didnt really know where we wanted to go. The alarm rang at 615 and we were off. The plan for today was to go to a community hole and catch a few nice crappies and gills for the pan. once we arrived to the spot we set up on a nice little drop off that goes from about 6-18 feet in about 15 yards we punched a bunch of holes got on some fish and hunkerd down for the time being. At first we were only catching gills and all at once the school of what we were looking for moved right on threw and man were they on a feeding frenzie. 4 of the keeper crappies that we got came within 10 mins of eachother man was that a fun ten mins. after we decided we had enough for the fish fry we played catch and release for a little while and headed home. Had a great time on the ice again with my buddy brandon.

pic one the baits of choice

pic two me with a nice crappie

pic three brandon with a nice crappie

pic four me with some nice gills

pic five the batch

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Nice catch!!! Those will be tasty!

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

Kyle, Looks as though you did very well. Thanks for the post and tips. I’m glad that young men understand selective harvest and catch and release and how important those attitudes are for the future of the fisheries they fish. Keep the posts coming!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.