VEXILAR QUESTION???

• mnwalleyeangler

went out to mille lacs and my fl-20 worked flawlessly over the weekend! took it out last night to do some crappie/walleye fishing and it wouldnt work. i would put the transducer down the hole and there would only be 2 lines and they were both at the top. one at 0 and one at 20! if i turned my zoom all the way up it would read the bottom sometimes but it wouldnt read my lure or fish!!! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM COULD BE????

THANKS FOR ANY INFO ANYONE HAS!

MILLELACSEYE51!

lhprop1
    Eagan

You were in water deeper than 20′. Turn the power level from 1 to 2.

Just be sure to take the reading and multiply the number on the dial x 2 to get your actual depth.

mnwalleyeangler

did that even tried all the setting. ive never had problems with it until now in the 2 years ive had it. it went all the way up to 20 every setting i put it on

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Weak battery, I charge mine after every use! Could be the battery is shot, they need to put out full power. Buy one you should have a spare anyway even if it is good.

Josh Runksmeier
    Pequot Lakes, MN

Try 2 wipe the bottom of the tras-ducer off with your hand and put it back down . I think air get stuck on the bottom. I have learned 2 do it every time????
    It may help???

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Sounds like a non fully charged battery to me. Try charging it all the way and check it out again after that. That would be my first guess!!

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

Lights may need cleaning. When I got a part from vexilar they sent info for cleaning them. But , I’m betting on the battery also.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Also make sure your transducer cable is attached tightly.

r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

Quote:

Also make sure your transducer cable is attached tightly.

X2

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

1 battery
    2 Ducer connection in back of the head
    3 cut in ducer wire. (yes you can splice them)
    Good luck, Mark

wheres_waldo
    The Big Pond

Quote:

Weak battery, I charge mine after every use! Could be the battery is shot, they need to put out full power. Buy one you should have a spare anyway even if it is good.

The batteries actually say that they shouldn’t be recharged until they are completely dead. That was quite a surprise to me.

rangerski
    North Metro

Try turning on and put ducer up to your ear and listen for the continuous pinging of the sonar. It should sound like clicking. Ducers do fail after a while…

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

If you put it to your ear, make sure no one looks at the unit. Head maybe empty.

spazman
    Hampton, IA

CLASSIC !!!!

mnwalleyeangler

Thanks for the responses guys. Taking the 18 and 20 out tonight. put a new battery in the 20 and took the bottom off and made sure all my connections were good and they were(50th anniversery ultra pack all wires are in unit not outside). i wouldnt of gotten anywhere without you guys because talking to vexilar yesterday about it was like talking to a 2 year old(what are you talking about i dont know what your saying). he kept asking so the whole screen is colored no theres 2 single lines one at 0 and one at 20 so its the whole circle. i gave up. the transducer is still pinging so i think it might of been the battery

iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

I have ALWAYS waited to recharge until the battery is done. I have used the same battery in mine for over 10 Years!!! Not sure how I got so lucky. I DO have a spare, but have not ever had to use it. ( just watch, now that I brag, it will be bad)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.