Record IA perch

• hib
    Waterloo, IA

This was posted on the IA DNR site today. Seems the perch are making an impressive comeback

New Iowa Record Yellow Perch Caught in Mississippi River
    Posted: March 9, 2010

GUTTENBERG, Iowa – A new state record for yellow perch was caught March 7, in Pool 11 of the Mississippi River. Angler Bob Ruff, of Garnavillo, caught the 2 pound, 6 ounces, 15 inch perch while ice fishing with his daughter. The weight was recorded at the Guttenberg Fish Management Station and verified on a certified scale.

The previous record for yellow perch was 2 pounds, 3 ounces and shared by three anglers. ]

dugout
    Dubuque Ia

Wow, thats a big filet!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Great perch…especially for Iowa…
    That size is not too uncommon up here and especially out of Green Bay. My best is 17.5″… But the Mich state record surprised me… Lk. Independence is in Big Bay, MI… about 2 hrs from here.

Yellow Perch
    Weight: 3.75
    Length: 21
    Year: 1947
    Water Body: Lk. Independence
    County: Marquette
    Angler: Eugene Jezinski

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

That is a MONSTER perch! Thanks for sharing.

Tom, a 21″ perch that only weighs 3#’s. I would have thought bigger.

FDR

deputycrappie
    Near Lake Pepin, Minnesota

3.75 pounds is closer to 4 pounds but hey whos counting. Tom, do you have a photo or 2 of some of the green bay perch at or around 17 inches? Just wondering how much the spawn she had in her may have added to the new IA record.

stevenoak

How do you catch a perch like that out of the Miss. in Iowa and not manage a smile They would of needed a video camera to take my picture.

buck-slayer

Caught two 16″ 1lb 13oz on Devils in ND a couple of years ago and I thought those were big.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

That is one nice perch

I would like to see what a perch like this 5 ponder looks like coming up through an ice silo on pool 8 The UK rocks when it comes to river perch!!!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

That is one [censored] UK perch…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.