Panfish today with my son, and pics.

• ron_w_basser2
    North Central, MN

Finally had a couple hours today to snatch a few. I took my 8 year old who loves fishing and we got into some bluegills and crappies. We were on a small 90 acre lake in central MN and were all to ourselves.

We setup in 24 fow and found both kinds mixed in down there. Nothing overly big or massive quantities but fun none the less. He used a pink diamond jig with a waxie and I used a firetiger gill pill with a waxie. Both seemed to work equally well.

Take your kids out and make some memories like we did.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Looks like you a great time with your son ,his afce says it all

riverfan
    MN

That Smile is worth a million bucks!

john

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Great Job getting the little guy out there! His memories will last a lifetime!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m thinking that last pic is worthy of framing!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Nicely done, Ron!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Just look at the smile! That has got to make your day. Cant wait until my boys are old enough.

FDR

ron_w_basser2
    North Central, MN

We started at 3 years old. I would take him out bass fishing. It was a hoot. We live near a lake with a really good smallmouth population and I would cast out a little white spinnerbait on a 5 ft rod with a spincast reel and hook into a smallie, then let him reel it in. The first one just about took him over the side of the boat.

Now at 8 yrs old he can cast a baitcaster at docks and pull out largemouths while I just relax and take it in.

The reward for this…. I hope a fishing partner for a long time. And I hope he will pass it on to his kids. Now my daughter,…. well that’s another story.

Start them young!

Bob Gordon
    Washington,IL

Awesome pictures !

fishbizbob

Bob,
    Glad to see your breaking in the future fisherman, we need to get kids outdoors more and away from the computer or video games. They are the future of the industry.
    Kudos to you.

What a smile on his face, makes it all worth it doesn’t it??

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Those pictures are priceless, awesome job

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

Those are great pics.

I can’t wait until my boy is old enough.

Waxy

benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

…I love taking my son with me as well. This is the first year I’ve ice fished and also for my son. His attention span goes between fishing and sliding on the ice.. .. I’m hopin for many more pics like yours.. good job!!..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.