Nils 6″ convertible hand auger electric drill

• buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Pulled trigger last week on this animal last week lighting quick hole drills on a 18v Dewalt this thing is a beast in 10 inches of ice the hand auger drills easy but bolt up the drill and it comes alive best investment I’ve made so far 30 holes plus 1 battery used to clean holes also wish I would have gotten the 8″ now but impressive from my stand point

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Is there an adapter for this or how does that work?

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

There’s a chuck at top of the metal disk in the picture just like a 3\8 drill bit no adapter necessary

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Got mine at reeds awesome customer service and free shipping been trying to buy 1 for a month cabelas has them on back order

bronzbak
    Long way from home

The end is squared so it fits into the chuck of your drill. I have a blue nils 6″ I had a stainless adapter made for. Have been running it for 7 years now. I would suggest you buy a replacement drill head however. If you drill into crap on the ice the blades will be shot. It takes roughly a week to get head to and back from a shop who can sharpen them properly.

There are no augers that cut close to the nils. I have a 5-6-8″ lazers that are in hibernation in my basement.

Rivergills
    Wisconsin

Wondering if the 6″ nils leaves alot of slush in the hole because of the flighting on the auger is not 6″. I have heard that it does leave alot of slush and it won’t come out by pulling or working the auger up and down. I have been looking at one but this has been holding me back.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

It leaves more than the lazer does. But I run mine on the way out to clear more from the hole. The slightly more left in the hole is far outweighed by the increased effectiveness of the auger. I always leave some slush in my holes in clear water anyway to cut down on light penatration. I’d be surprised if a handful out of a hundred were dissatisfied with a nils purchase.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

Quote:

Wondering if the 6″ nils leaves alot of slush in the hole because of the flighting on the auger is not 6″. I have heard that it does leave alot of slush and it won’t come out by pulling or working the auger up and down. I have been looking at one but this has been holding me back.

x2 I hate cleaning slush out of a hole since I am usually constantly on the move. Especially when fishing deep basin perch. I didn’t even own a scoop until i found one on the ice the other day with nobody around.

shaley
    Milford IA

Nils is currently changing the heads to better match the auger flighting to solve this…Not sure when the new heads will be out or if the already are…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.