Reccomendations on a Release?

• brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I love my Scott Little Goose.

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

I would just try several out at your local archery shop and use what is comfortable for you…one thing I would do though right away is purchase two of the one you decide to go with…one for hunting and one for practice…that way you dont sweat in the one you hunt with because they tend to hold scent pretty good. Good…Jay

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I’m with BP. I either shoot a lil’ Goose by Scott Archery or the Mongoose by Scott. Scott Customer service is awesome.

The thing that I don’t like about some of the Scott releases is they make that loud “Click” when you touch the release off. Is the lil’ goose or mongoose any different?

Quote:

Scott Customer service is awesome.

I hope this is true as well..I had a Scott release fall apart on me last year while on stand. The pin that holds the release arm in place fell out and was never seen again. I’m gonna get it back to them this week and see what they can do for me.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Chow, same thing happened to me a few years back and I sent my release in and within days I had it back good as new at no cost, no questions.

Does the release make the same sound when releasing an arrow under pressure?? I ask, because my release makes a click when just playing around with it, but when I actually shoot and arrow and the release is under stress, it is as quiet as a mouse.

Now that you mention it, I really havent shot the Scott releases you mentioned, only played around with them at the store.

I know my release does make that Click when I use it, but mine is a few years old as well. I guess I’ll have to put a few arrows through these and see how they perform.

danno34

I like the Tru- Ball 360, Really adjustable and Quiet

danno34

My mistake it is a Tru- Fire 360

SteveHuettl
    South Metro

I also shoot a Scott Mongoose and love it. It does make the clicking sound when it’s not under pressure but once it’s on the string with pressure no sound at all!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I shoot a Wynn’s Free Flight… I love it !!!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

I’m with Steve…..shoot a Scott Mongoose and love it. I’ve had it for 5-6 years and never had an issue.

Joel

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.