How long will the snow stay?

• CaptainMusky

I tell you what, the snow is sinking fast here. It must be essentially evaporating. Still have a ton left, but with this sunshine and I think dry air conditions its really disappearing. So far very few puddles in the yard, but in front of the garage (North Facing) is a gong show.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

You must not have done a very good job.

rotflol rotflol moon moon she thought i did!!!!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I tell you what, the snow is sinking fast here. It must be essentially evaporating. Still have a ton left, but with this sunshine and I think dry air conditions its really disappearing. So far very few puddles in the yard, but in front of the garage (North Facing) is a gong show.

been trying to bust up the big banks and spread them around………there like friggin icebergs!!!!!!! doah flame and a good inch of ice underneath at the ground level!!!!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

My buddy picked a bad year to invest 60k into his own maple syrup operation

glenn57
    cold spring mn

John,,, rotflol there bottles…..better yet……man you guys sure dont appraciate good beer. doah

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Weather feels great! Just hoping I can get my camper pulled out of the snow bank for Trout Fishing opener!!!

Attachments:
    1. DEDFFE40-ACB8-4317-B2CA-0FF4DEAB8CB9-scaled.jpeg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I think I can safely say ” NOT MUCH LONGER NOW For this Area. With 3 70’s and a decent wind forecasted in a row starting tomorrow, and The nighttime lows in the upper 40’s to lower 50’s I think the end is real near. I believe most all our snow cover will be gone by the weekend. I’m a little worried with that fast melt and 3 days of rain forecasted for Fri-Sun. that we may have some flooding in the area. After Sun. it doesn’t look to have much more rain so we may luck out there.

CaptainMusky

FT the snow is disappearing fast for sure! I was finally able to chip through a bunch of the 6 inches of ice I had on my sidewalk in front of the house. Man, what an effort that was. Now there is standing water so I will have to chisel a drain location for it to get off the sidewalk.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

In the 60’s yesterday, today and tomorrow the snow will take a real beating up here. However, there is a bunch of ice on the lake yet.

I must have met a half dozen boats heading south yesterday afternoon on my way home. I’m guessing there was a pretty good crowd on the Rainy River.

ThunderLund78

Was in the Willmar area over the weekend and could not believe how much more snow was up there compared to southern MN. Only snow left down here is what’s been piled by plows, loaders and snow blowers and that’s gong fast. Lawn already showing some sings of green.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

In the 60’s yesterday, today and tomorrow the snow will take a real beating up here. However, there is a bunch of ice on the lake yet.

One of the Bigger local guides up there made a post saying he thinks their is still 40″+ of ice on the lake there. This was just posted on Sat.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Yes thats what Chris posted. He is still chasing Crappies but he has some of his guys guiding the river.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Yes thats what Chris posted. He is still chasing Crappies but he has some of his guys guiding the river.

I always thought that would be a fun double dip guide outing. Crappies on the ice for part of the day and walleyes on the river for the other part. He sure is putting some nice Crappies on the ice lately. Lots of 15″+ fish.

JEREMY
    BP

Gee just like you guys to take a perfectly good thread about snow melt and turn it into fishing again. How soon til this gets dusted?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I take it I can put my sleds back in storage? jester

JEREMY
    BP

Dont be the guy that does that and makes it snow again.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Dont be the guy that does that and makes it snow again.

10-4 Ill put it off a while.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

had to take the wife to an appt in st cloud. gone maybe 21/2 hours….couldnt believe all the snow that disappeared in my yard in that amount of time. peace

what i thought even more odd, in several places i had a good view of the sauk river….yea its up a little but isnt close to going over the bank yet??

deertracker

I hope to be on the ice Thursday evening. smash
    DT

ThunderLund78

For lake ice, most of the melt happens from the bottom up. All this warmer melt water is flowing in via streams and ground water. But with direct sun and heat this intense (not to mention a pretty steady breeze) I think it’s really going to accelerate the ice out. Nature has a way of playing catch-up. Rain this weekend will further expedite it.

CaptainMusky

On my way home last night 75 degrees. Pinecone road North of Sartell was nearly under water. I was worried we would have significant flooding, but considering how little frost we had in the ground I was optimistic. This morning the water was ALL gone!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

On my way home last night 75 degrees. Pinecone road North of Sartell was nearly under water. I was worried we would have significant flooding, but considering how little frost we had in the ground I was optimistic. This morning the water was ALL gone!

All the fields in my area are basically snow free. Last week we had knee deep snow in most fields. They are holding water but not as much as you’d suspect

CaptainMusky

All the fields in my area are basically snow free. Last week we had knee deep snow in most fields. They are holding water but not as much as you’d suspect

I cannot believe how fast that snow went. Monday the fields were level with the road. At lunch we still had a foot of snow at work and it was holding 63 degrees. I was like no way its hitting the 70s with all this snow. By the time quitting time got here the snow was all gone except for the huge piles and it was 75. Unreal.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ll be hunting a wet soggy field this weekend for turkey. Wish I could have made it out this morning

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Agree, this rapid snow melt is one of the crazier things I’ve seen. My snow is almost gone except for the piles. My gravel driveway is almost dry normally that takes a week or two after snow is gone. Crazy, but I’ll take it. I imagine the ice on the lakes is taking a real beating too, I wouldn’t be going out locally anymore.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Well guys, ya know that rain forecasted for the weekend, think I just turned it to a bunch of snow. devil whistling

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20230412_145025800_HDR-scaled.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just cleaned my spot for my blind and to my surprise the farm field is mostly dry. Kind of crazy

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Winter… Take this. moon moon

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20230413_181443302-scaled.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 359 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.