How long will the snow stay?

• ThunderLund78

I chose season C for this year, and maybe the snow will be gone but I’m guessing there will be a lot of mud.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I chose archery for the turkey so I can take my time. But these turkeys have been in the same place for a while now and I’m hoping they stay. I’ll let the kid get his and be done and I’ll try from there.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

State tourney is going on down here for the boys now.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Season A is from April 12-18th . If you are willing to bet that the snow will be all gone from Central Minnesota by then, I want in on that bet.

I wish the turkeys would get on board with putting the fun on hold until the snow melts. Hunting in the snow, IMO, sucks. But unfortunately, the turkeys don’t seem to care, the craziest gobbling activity I’ve heard was 2 years ago when there was 2 feet of snow on the ground and it was damn near impossible to get anywhere to hunt.

It’s hard to sneak in next to the roost for that hot dawn flydown action when you’re riding a snowmobile.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Me: “I’ve been in a building all day but I see there’s been activity on the snow page so I’ll see what everyone else is reporting in for snow today.”

**Clicks page 3***

Brain: “All they’re talking about on the entirety of page 3 is turkey hunting, I think I missed something.”

jester

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Me: “I’ve been in a building all day but I see there’s been activity on the snow page so I’ll see what everyone else is reporting in for snow today.”

**Clicks page 3***

Brain: “All they’re talking about on the entirety of page 3 is turkey hunting, I think I missed something.”

jester

Ya, as is often the case some post tend to get off track and go in a totally new direction.

Getting back to the snow topic. We have had light snow most of the day. Due to the warm temps most seems to be melting as fast as it falls. Hope any we get tonight ends up being cleaned up on the roads by morning. We have plans to make a rather long drive ( 2+ Hrs ) to a hot panfish bite. Be nice to not have to worry about the roads to get there.

tim hurley

We have had 100 days of snow so far, the normal for the whole winter is 80-and its not going away any time soon.

knoppers
    big lake, backus

its supposed to be colder than normal till april, my guess is we will have snow on the ground well into april. after that it and ice will go fast.

CaptainMusky

We have plans to make a rather long drive ( 2+ Hrs ) to a hot bite. Be nice to not have to worry about the roads to get there.

Go on!

CaptainMusky

A buddy just showed me pictures of some sunnies from the Remer area. Man those were tanks.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

A buddy just showed me pictures of some sunnies from the Remer area. Man those were tanks.

there a young couple that lives a couple miles north of Remer…called Wheezy Outdoors. lotz of lakes in that area. good young people!!!!!i got to know them pretty good over the years!!!!

Slipbob nick

Less worries for ticks turkey hunting if there’s snow still

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Been snowing lightly all day here. Supposed to continue. I’ll be camping in the pop up tonight chasing those crappies and a buzz

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

From Forest Lake north the forecast for today says 5 inches of snow. If that happens, my place near Hinckley will have gotten 7 inches in the past week.

So that’s not exactly moving towards an early spring…

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Pequot has gotten about 5 so far with some wind. No signs of letting up. Might go sit in the boat in the garage. The ribs on the smoker smell good in there. April 15th is the average ice out on our lake here. I’m hopeful.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Think I had 3-4 inches here of wet heavy snow. BUT I went out a bit ago and now it’s a real light rain.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

It stopped snowing late last night and I thought it was over. Nope, received another 2+ overnight and it’s still snowing.

Attachments:
    1. Stop-scaled.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s going to stay forever. It’s teasing me for selling the sleds.

queenswake
    NULL

I’m starting to wonder if the St Croix, Lake Minnetonka, etc will be no wake this year. I guess it depends on how much more snow and if it continues with the spring rains.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’m starting to wonder if the St Croix, Lake Minnetonka, etc will be no wake this year. I guess it depends on how much more snow and if it continues with the spring rains.

Lake Minnetonka was down about 15 inches last season just since June 1. Even with a massive snow pack, I think it will be below average at ice out. An abundance of spring rain will also be needed.

James Almquist

I measured 10″ on the deck and another inch has fallen and its still coming down. I am so sick of this snow and now fishing is going to be a little tougher.

MX1825

8 inches of wet heavy conc, I mean snow here this past week.
    Spring can show up anytime it wants for me. The sooner the better.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

And more on the way later this week. It can stop anytime now.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I saw that Duluth got 16 inches of snow from this weekend’s system. Yikes

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Hurry up and get that stuff cleaned up before Thursday evening. The next round needs a place to go.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2023-03-13-082711.png

Charles

Yeah this poop is getting old lol!

We got about 8 – 10″ in crosslake, Maple syrup season is going to be interesting this year.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Yeah this poop is getting old lol!

We got about 8 – 10″ in crosslake, Maple syrup season is going to be interesting this year.

I was just saying that to my wife yesterday. Getting all these above freezing days with freezing nights usually means the sap is getting ready to flow. And the snow is deep in the woods.

CaptainMusky

Where do we stand on season totals? A few weeks ago I saw St Cloud has had the second snowiest winter on record and we have had probably close to 20 inches since then.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Where do we stand on season totals? A few weeks ago I saw St Cloud has had the second snowiest winter on record and we have had probably close to 20 inches since then.

I don’t know about St Cloud, but the Twin Cities official measurement at MSP has exactly 80 inches as of March 12 (yesterday), putting it at the 8th snowiest winter on record since 1895.

We’d be well over the record of 98.6 inches set in 1983-1984 if several rain events had fallen as snow this winter.

This is what I could find for St Cloud’s totals, according to NOAA. They are only at 47.5 inches this winter as of March 10, and the all time record is 84.5 inches set in 2013.

https://www.extremeweatherwatch.com/cities/st-cloud/most-yearly-snow

JEREMY
    BP

I was just saying that to my wife yesterday. Getting all these above freezing days with freezing nights usually means the sap is getting ready to flow. And the snow is deep in the woods.

It isnt getting ready to flow it is flowing.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 359 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.