bird feeding

• glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

sheez, went back 30 pages and couldnt find a bird thread!!!!!! shock

anywho……does anyone else feed birds?????? i’ve noticed here in stearns county the hummingbird activity has really slowed down????

anyone else notice this. i’m headed to itasca county in a week and wondering if its worth bringing some juice up for them!!

i’ll post this in the questions thread…..but is there a search engine here????i cant find one, but that dont mean much!!! doah whistling

mwal
    Participant
    Rosemount,MN

I was in Barnes WI for 10 days ending on the 13th and never saw any hummingbirds at my feeders. We took them down for the season. Here in So Metro I had 3 at once at the feeder this morning.

Mwal

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

There’s a thread that’s got a lot of pages called “Any Bird Feeders?” https://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/community/forums/topic/any-bird-feeders/

To search via a desktop, click the magnifying glass in the upper-right corner. To search via a smartphone, click the three lines in the upper-left and then swipe down to the bottom of the menu. The magnifying glass is located there.

JEREMY
    Participant
    BP

but is there a search engine here????i

Kinda always wondered the same thing. Search sends you to a google search thing.

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Kinda always wondered the same thing. Search sends you to a google search thing.

While IDO’s magnifying glass search does take you to Google, it isn’t searching the whole web – just the IDO site but utilizing Google’s search engine features. In the example photo below, I searched for the word “recipe” and it brings up results from IDO posts about recipes.

Attachments:
    1. Example.jpg

IceNEyes1986
    Participant
    Harris, MN

I saw only a couple Hummers left last week. I haven’t seen one since Friday at home. I think they have started their trek south.

Brad Dimond
    Participant

Hummingbirds are definitely migrating. Other species are moving as well. I am going to try to stop at Hawk Ridge in Duluth on Sunday after grouse hunting. The raptor migration is fantastic.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

We still had a few last night – St Paul.

There were bouncing off each other. Won’t be long. Probably less than a week before they are gone.

-J.

ThunderLund78
    Participant

Still got some hummers around my late blossoming flowers, but they wont last too much longer. We’re about 100 miles south of Stearns Co.

haleysgold
    Participant
    SE MN

They’re still in SE MN Rochester area.
    Had a ton of them until about a week ago and down to about 3 or 4 now.
    Still got the feeders out.

Everything seems to be early this year.
    Bucks are making scrapes already and yes, scrapes not rubs.

Winter coming early this year? Why not everything else about the weather is weird.

Erik Swenson
    Participant

Still seeing hummers at the feeders and the late hosta blossoms. Fun to watch them chase bugs too!

Denny O
    Participant
    Central IOWA

We still have 4 to 6 hummingbirds here, and it seems that most of the others have gone South.
    They will be gone by the end of Sept.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Was just at my Dad’s house and they have 3 HB feeders and they have about 10-15 buzzing around chasing each other all day long. Pretty wild to sit on the deck and have them zooming around you. Haven’t seemed to leave yet.

3rdtryguy
    Participant
    Central Mn

Glenn, only seen 1 in the last week here in Btown. Hawg

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

waytogo waytogo thanks.

3rdtryguy
    Participant
    Central Mn

Orioles have disappeared too in the last week and a half, and I had lots of them.

MX1825
    Participant

We had an Oriole Monday and hummers yesterday. Was gone all day today so that is the latest info I have for Central Wisconsin.

fishingstar
    Participant
    central mn / starlake

I haven’t noticed the hummingbirds dropping but I haven’t had a Oriole in over two weeks. We are going to have warmer days coming up but I can see them taking off in the next week or two.

xplorer
    Participant
    Cloquet, MN

No hummers here outside Cloquet in the last week.
    The owls are really hooting it up at night tho, so fall is definitely in the air.

Was 44 yesterday morning and supposed to be 40 on Saturday morning, then 85 on Sunday. Crazy temp fluctuations this time of year.

3rdtryguy
    Participant
    Central Mn

I had about 50 robins in the yard this morning, been very few others around for a week or so. Must have just stopped to say goodby. This is another one of those posts that make you wish people would put their location in their profile.

Gregg Gunter
    Participant

I saw a hummer last week on the red impatiens, Cottage Grove. The geese are gathering into bigger flocks. A few pelicans near Point Douglas/Hastings.

MX1825
    Participant

Sandhills are bunching up here in Adams County, WI.

Netguy
    Participant
    Minnetonka

Saw a hummingbird in my yard, Minnetonka, about a month ago. Put up a feeder the next day. 3 have been using it a lot. Saw one yesterday morning and none since.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Last hummingbird sighting here in St Paul was Monday the 20th. Probably the last?

-J.

Pailofperch
    Participant
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Had Hummingbirds today at the jobsite. SW of Belgrade MN. Not sure how many individual birds, I’m thinking atleast 1 male 1 female, but had 6 or 7 buzzing about.

BrianF
    Participant

Hummers have been gone from our Lake Vermilion cabin for about 10 days now. They seem to have just left our home in the south metro of the Twin Cities with this cold front.

In other bird news… Saw 12 turkeys in a flock while walking this morning and three Ringneck Pheasants graveling on the side of 35S two miles N of Pine City on my drive home from the lake Monday morning. Never have seen those so far north before.

Netguy
    Participant
    Minnetonka

Saw a hummer yesterday in Minnetonka. I will keep the nectar fresh and the feeder clean for a few more weeks.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

when i got to the cabin last week the hummingbird feeders where about as full as i left them couple weeks prior….so they came down, cleaned up and put away. but holy mackerel do we have the blue jays up there!!!!

when i got home yesterday same here….cleaned up and put away.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

I quit seeing hummers at the cabin too. This time of year I only feed lead to birds. mrgreen

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 194 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.