Cinnamon Phase Turkey

• Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

This story actually started last year. I shot my tom with my bow and two toms came and beat on him pretty good. While I watched them I noticed they looked different than most turkeys I have ever seen. They had a lot more rust color to them. This year I was hunting with a good buddy and we had seen lots of birds but none came into the decoys. We had 2 toms come into 30ish yards to our side and they skirted behind us. They proceeded to go into the field and go confront 2 toms that had been strutting out in the field. They got chased off and the other two dominant toms got fired up. As we were watching them chase each other a hen walked right in front of us and into the field. That got the dominant toms attention and they came to investigate our decoys. They came right into the decoys but must have seen me draw. As they were walking away I drilled one and actually cut the top of his heart off. I am hoping all the pictures post. The first picture is the toms standing over my bird last year and then a few from this year.

Attachments:
    1. Turkey.jpg

2. turkey1.jpg

3. turkey2.jpg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Real cool looking bird. The coloring does look a little different.

Hoyt4
    NULL

It’s a cool color we have taken a few in Missouri too. Great pictures and congrats.

steelslinger71

Shot this cinnamon phased Jake a few years back.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0563-scaled.jpeg

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

Thank you! I am going to get the fan and wings mounted on a frame.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I got this one on may 21st ’21 in washington county MN. I always thought he had different colored feathers, a little lighter than normal. He was one of 2 toms hanging out in the field every day. I saw them many times and I could always make him out with the more light brown feathers. Not sure if he qualifies as a cinnamon turkey or not.

Attachments:
    1. 20210521_103651-scaled.jpg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.