How long before Lowrance offeres HB Helix competition?

• Jonesy

I tend to be a lowrance guy because I find the menus and the button layout to make more sense for me. However with the Humminbird Helix offering a side imaging option at under $500 or the 7″ screen at $699 I am tempted to buy one. Does anybody have any idea if Lowrance plans to offer a “budget” SI unit?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Would the elite series qualify?

I’d also check out garmin. I’ve found the menues, quality and customer service outstanding. I do believe they have some bargain models as well.

CaptainMusky

Elite would be in that price point, but they do not have side imaging, just down imaging.

Jonesy

Elite would be in that price point, but they do not have side imaging, just down imaging.

Agreed. I love my Elite 7. But this fall or next spring I am probably going to replace me Elite 5x that is on my bow. Good chance the 7 might go up there and a Helix 7 SI is going on the dash. For roughly the same price why would you not seriously consider the unit that offers SI

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

That is such a tiny screen for side imaging IMO.

Lowrance is working on their 3D side imaging…Kind of like Garmin. They got the beat on Humminbird on this one.

Jonesy

That is such a tiny screen for side imaging IMO.

Lowrance is working on their 3D side imaging…Kind of like Garmin. They got the beat on Humminbird on this one.

Sure it may be tiny but it’s more than the no SI I have now. Plus you can adjust the beam down to say the 60-80ft range and remove the side bar info such as depth,temp,etc.

Being new to boat ownership the Elite 7 HDI is the most advanced and largest screen depth finder I have ever worked with. I’m sure I would adjust pretty easily to SI on a 7″ screen. Heck I thought the 5″ screen was doable when I played with it at scheels.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I suppose it’ll definitely show more than not having si at all.

Mike Anselmo
    Wisconsin

I own a Garmin Echomap 73sv and 93sv. Both excellent SI units for the fisherman on a budget. I think they retail for $999 and $1,199.

The SI and DI on these echomap units are the same technology featured in their high end GPS map units. They are simple to use on the water, simple to install and they came packaged with all the hardware I needed. The transducer included in the box handles your traditional sonar and all your DI and SI. No additional purchases required.

My experience with them on the water has been awesome. Best imaging on the market IMO. Really crisp, clear images. No learning curve. Rocks look like rocks, weeds like weeds…ect.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.