HOT Weather Ice Fishing

• Tyler Thimsen

43-45 Degrees…Not ideal temps for the early ice but we spud barred out and drilled a few holes from 7-10 FOW. We fished around 3″ of ice to right under 4″ on our little path we made and had some pretty decent action for the late afternoon and evening bite. Lots of quantity and a few decent ones here and there.

Everything landed was on 1/16oz – 1/20oz tungsten jigs (loud patterns) with wax worms, meal worms, or micro soft plastic minnow trailers. Small jigs and dead sticking seemed to get the most action as well.

Lake was at 9K over here on the Western Slope, with the cold weather coming in, hoping for some other lakes to ice fish soon in the area. Hope you enjoy the pictures and the video link below🎣😀

Attachments:
    1. secondice10.jpg

2. secondice7.jpg

3. secondice6.jpg

4. secondice5.jpg

5. secondice4.jpg

6. secondice3.jpg

7. secondice2.jpg

8. secondice1.jpg

Snake ii’s

Tyler,
    Although I regularly read your posts and watch your videos, I have yet to thank you for posting your adventures, videos and breathtaking scenery. Thank you for posts as they offer the the escape from reality that I sorely need. I hope to someday experience the same and share them as well (but not as well as you do). Please keep them coming, I need the opportunity to live vicariously through them!
    regards,
    Cliff

Tyler Thimsen

Tyler,
    Although I regularly read your posts and watch your videos, I have yet to thank you for posting your adventures, videos and breathtaking scenery. Thank you for posts as they offer the the escape from reality that I sorely need. I hope to someday experience the same and share them as well (but not as well as you do). Please keep them coming, I need the opportunity to live vicariously through them!
    regards,
    Cliff

Cliff,

Thank you for the kind words! I appreciate them greatly and I do my best to provide quality content. You’ll have to make it out here to the mountains sometime to get some lines out😀 Have a good weekend

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.