Hastings Ramp

• Clarence Chapman

Called the city and asked to get the ramp plowed off. Last time I was down there there was a pile of snow on the ramp. The did a great job of cleaning off the snow but its just a little to icy for me to try it by myself. DANG IT!!!!! I was all pumped up to get up to the dam!
    Hopefully after this cold snap it will warm up again and thaw it out.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

It’s nice to get 3 or 4 guys together for cutting ice and clearing the ramp. Turns a all day job into maybe a few hours. Really want atleast one other person there while cutting ice just to watch out for you. We typically have a rope and floation near by to. Chain saw makes short work of the ice. Pick axe for the last bit connected to the ramp. Chisel for pushing ice around. Boot cleats. Salt and traction gravel. I like to get the ramp cleared a few days before the warm up. Give the sun, temps a couple days to thaw more of it out.

Attachments:
    1. received_873673020496658.jpeg

2. 20221229_204816-1-scaled.jpg

Ripjiggen

Mike I don’t know you personally but you seem like a good guy and a good stick on the river. If you ever need help send me a message. I live close by and would be more than happy to lend a hand even if it just got me a quick ride through some ice on that river boat of yours.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

It’s nice to get 3 or 4 guys together for cutting ice and clearing the ramp. Turns a all day job into maybe a few hours. Really want atleast one other person there while cutting ice just to watch out for you. We typically have a rope and floation near by to. Chain saw makes short work of the ice. Pick axe for the last bit connected to the ramp. Chisel for pushing ice around. Boot cleats. Salt and traction gravel. I like to get the ramp cleared a few days before the warm up. Give the sun, temps a couple days to thaw more of it out.

Crazy SOB. mrgreen

Umy
    South Metro

WAy to go guys!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.