Hard to beat these mornings of bass fishing🔥🎣

• Tyler Thimsen

Several weeks ago, I took my GF, Cheyenne out to try and get into her first EVER bass. She landed a really nice Spotted bass and she was instantly hooked on bass fishing. I wanted to take her out again, now that the water temps are rising with the summer temps.

Like most of us in CO, we’ve been plagued by heavy winds so we thought showing up for the first light bite would alleviate some of that pain. We started with small 2″ Swimbaits and the ned rig. Both produced bites. Then after about an hour the wind started picking up. Switched to 1/2oz chatterbaits and that was the ticket. Slammed a bunch of really nice largemouth and spotted bass for the next 3 hours until the wind turned ultra crazy. It was a hot and consistent bite with a Chartreuse and white chatterbait and one that is patterned “Redneck Shad”. Both from a company called Pepper custom baits. Both with matching 4″ swimbait trailers that look identical to Gary Yamamoto swimsenkos.

Cheyenne wanted to try a chatterbait and on her first cast ever using one, she landed a really solid spot. She seems to be lucky for bass fishing lol.

Super sunny day and a warm morning. 56 Degree water temp when we showed up, which i’m sure gradually got warmer as the lake we fished was VERY low. Hope you enjoy the pictures and if you have time the video is pretty fun too🎣 Tight Lines Everyone!

Attachments:
    1. SnapShot26.jpg

2. SnapShot23.jpg

3. SnapShot21.jpg

4. SnapShot19-1.jpg

5. SnapShot18-1.jpg

6. SnapShot17-1.jpg

7. SnapShot16-1.jpg

8. SnapShot15-2.jpg

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.