Go Pack Go!

• Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Favre’s recent comments are illuminating.

“[Rodgers] was loaded at receiver. Loaded. And a good, solid, consistent offensive line. Big difference from what he took over and what Jordan is taking over. And again, no offense to the guys. I think they’re young. They’re talented. But they’re young. They haven’t established themselves yet.

They haven’t logged the miles that Sterling had logged prior to me getting there. He established himself as a true number one receiver, one of the tops in the league before I got there. So I had that to fall back on. When all else fails, throw it to Sterling and good things happen. And that was true. Jordan doesn’t have that.”

That’s kind of what we’re seeing with Jordan. Maybe not so much understanding stuff, because he’s been in the same offense and he’s been with LaFleur long enough that that part of it, I think he has good command of. The problem is protection is shaky at best. You got guys that are not Sterling Sharpe at wide receiver. And again, all due respect, they’re young.

And I think even though he’s been around for a while, it’s different watching versus playing. The real bullets are a lot different than not real bullets. And so, you know I think Packers fans across the country and the world are disappointed, but…I think most of them would agree to a certain extent that they’re not surprised…So there is going to be a learning curve, and the season’s not over…. they could hit on all cylinders at any moment. Or it could be 2 years from now. I have no idea but I think we need to be somewhat patient with them.”

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

good for him for standing up for his son, that’s what family should do. and he’s right, Christian Watson is only part-way through year 2. the comparison to Davante Adams is apt, as he underperformed his promise early on with lots of drops and poor routes before the light went on and he became a superstar. even with someone of Rodgers’ skill set under center, that connection and development took a few years.

at the same time, most 2nd-round WRs with big potential don’t become superstars like Adams or A.J. Brown. this is especially true for the “speed” receivers like Watson as they bust more often than more well-rounded top picks. if i was Tazim Wajed (Tim Watson) i’d be a lot more worried about what Christian will be doing in 2026, than what fans are saying about his son now.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I watched the whole Packer game and came away impressed with Justin Herbert. Man that guy can sling the rock and his football IQ and pocket awareness are impressive. His receivers were dismal and cost them the game. The Packers were gifted a win by the Chargers R’s terrible play. Love, he played okay. Didn’t throw an INT and made some throws. He got the win, meh!

I’ve got a crush on Herbert, that is what a future MVP QB looks like judging by how he played the Vikes, and in this one. He is the real deal.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

First 10 games:

Aaron Rodgers 2008, 5-5: 205-318 (64.5%), 2,351yds, 15tds, 6int, 94.5 rating
    Jordan Love 2023, 4-6: 203-340 (59.7%), 2,331yds, 16tds, 10int, 83.8 rating

The completion % and interceptions are the standout difference. And considering the quality difference in O-line and WRs between those two teams, Love’s overall performance as a first-year starter is probably better than it looks. At a minimum the people calling for him to be dumped are unrealistic.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Will be pretty close to Rock Bottom if the Packers get beat by the Lions on Thanksgiving Day.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The Lions will be favored and they should win at home. I honestly don’t think it’ll even be that close.

They played last month in Green Bay and it was 27-0 at the half. Montgomery and Gibbs ran the show. I expect more of the same tomorrow.

Restore the roar

lindyrig79

By the number of times you have said “restore the roar” this year I would peg you as a closet Lions fan jester

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

By the number of times you have said “restore the roar” this year I would peg you as a closet Lions fan jester

Haha. I like to see a team that’s been mired in failure have some success.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

So has anyone checked out the injury report for GB? Specifically running back. It looks like Aaron Jones is out, Emanuel Wilson is on IR, and AJDillon is questionable. Anyone on this board gonna be playing RB for Green Bay?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Dillon is active.

They also signed free agent James Robinson although he’s not expected to suit up today.

Bass Pundit

Not even surprised in the least that Green Bay came looking for blood today after getting crushed by the Lions at Lambert. Players take it personally when they get shown up by a division rival.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Good call Bass Pundit. I just turned it on and GB is ahead in the 3rd.

Not quite sure why the Lions went for 2 there though. They’re still down by 9.

Ripjiggen

The Lions will be favored and they should win at home. I honestly don’t think it’ll even be that close.

They played last month in Green Bay and it was 27-0 at the half. Montgomery and Gibbs ran the show. I expect more of the same tomorrow.

Restore the roar

Meow

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Sure makes the turkey and old fashioneds go down better. Go Pack Go!

B-man

That was a pleasant surprise today waytogo

We were on the road for a good part of the game but had it on the radio. Can’t wait to watch the condensed version later tonight!

The NFC North race is starting to tighten up

Bass Pundit

I didn’t have anything to do tonight, so I decided to watch the Lions game because I didn’t get to see much of it on Thanksgiving. The Cheese has to be wary of taking the cheese from all the praise they are getting off of this win. Goff was off, the Lions weren’t ready to go, and none of Campbell’s risky/questionable calls paid off. It just wasn’t the Lions day. Love played OK mistake-free football. They got the win, good for them. Still, a way to go to get to .500 and a wild card birth. If the Chiefs show up to play next week and the Pack can beat then I’ll be impressed with the team.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

it’s rewarding to see them developing through the year and speaks well to the work ethic of the coaches and players. Love seeing the field sooner and getting the ball out quickly is great – this was the first game this year where this was really the case, and it allows the WRs to show their skill. The O-line performed better against a good defense. with the “mini bye” this week due to playing on Thursday, it will be interesting to see how prepared they are for the Chiefs game next Sunday night on national TV. hopefully they’ll get a few guys back this week on the defensive side of the ball too, as a game against Mahomes without Jaire Alexander might be rough.

during the games Sunday one of the playoff graphics included the Packers at 5-6 as “in the hunt.” Nooooooo! it’s not in the Packers long-term interests to make the playoffs. Love (and others) getting better while losing is the best outcome. there’s nothing worse than scratching your way to mediocre when what you really need is to be bad! devil

Bass Pundit

I was looking at the Giants standings on ESPN and discovered they are on a two-game winning streak. I wanted to see who they play next week before they get the Packers. Turns out they don’t play anybody, it’s their bye week, just like the Vikes. I already thought the Giant’s game in NY might be a tough one for the Pack. That was before I found out the coach in NY has his team playing winning football now and has extra time to prepare. Tough games, in the next couple of weeks for the Pack both in Primetime. Will the Pack step up in the National spotlight or go down in flames like AstroDobbs did in consecutive weeks?

lindyrig79

Not a Packers fan, but looks like some people wrote off Jordan Love a little early. He has looked good lately and still his 1st season.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Huh. Would you take a look at that?

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20231203-224106.png

Beast

lately Love has proved me wrong, I thought he was a slug and a wasted draft pick. what a surprise these last couple of games, still don’t know if he’s a franchise QB, but does show promise. Still say the defensive coordinator has to go after this year.

B-man

That was a solid win against one of the best teams in the NFL (and reigning super bowl champions). I’m loving it peace

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

lately Love has proved me wrong, I thought he was a slug and a wasted draft pick. what a surprise these last couple of games, still don’t know if he’s a franchise QB, but does show promise. Still say the defensive coordinator has to go after this year.

i’m ambivalent about Joe Barry. there was sooooo much pressure on the defense early in the season when the offense could barely get a first down – there’s a couple of losses when they only had the ball in the 22-23 minutes range. it helps the defense a LOT that the offense is developing and staying on the field longer. more recently they’ve been finding a way to bend, but not break, against very good offenses. obviously, they need to address the on-field personnel side of the run defense in the off season.

Ryan Schwartz

I don’t really like to harp on the officiating as it’s a tough job and there will always be bang, bang, 50/50 calls, but that Packers/Chiefs game was frustrating to watch, especially towards the end. It was one after another of missed calls on both sides – it felt like a circus show. The NFL has to feel embarrassed.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

A great win for the packers. They are looking better as the season goes along. Just like you want a team to. Love is starting to look like he is a possible long term franchise QB. I can not believe how bad some of the officiating was in that game. I’m not saying it had a effect on the outcome, but it was bad.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

^Agreed.

There was the obvious blown call on Mahomes being hit in the field of play that should not have cost the Packers 15 yards.

There was the obvious blown call on the quick out to the Chiefs WR where he was driven backwards 2 yards as he was going out of bounds that should’ve kept the clock running.

There was obvious blown call with the lack of a pass interference call on the deep bomb down the middle.

The hail mary attempt was a tough situation. I don’t want some precedent set where that play creates PI calls all the time, but Kelce was displaced to an extent. As a fan of football I was “ok” with the no call there. The other 3 were blatantly terrible.

Brad Dimond

Love and Lefleur still showing appalling lapses in judgement. Callin a drop back and taking a sack, putting the last field goal in jeopardy was an example. Love shows some promise but needs to learn from his mistakes.

Also, Watson needs to do some serious work on the hamstrings this coming off-season. He has talent but needs to stay on the field to use it.

Brad Dimond

Hey Bucky!

Saw your tagline about money not buying happiness. Gene Hill had it right when he wrote “Whoever said you can’t buy Happiness forgot little puppies.” Bought a Field Bred English Cocker Spaniel two months ago from Junction Gundogs in Gilman WI, the house is a happier place with him around.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.