Go Pack Go!

• Beast

Growing pains, I expected they would have them this year, they still may have some even next year. you can’t have the youngest team in the NFL and expect top tier performance. we’ve been spoiled for 30 years.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Losing 10-3 at the half in Vegas. Kind of a snooze fest so far.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Losing 10-3 at the half in Vegas. Kind of a snooze fest so far.

Not for people who have $20 on the under lol

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Darn it. The NFC north is looking good.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

That was a showdown of 2 teams that just scream “7-10”

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Growing Pains, or panic button time on the young QB. First, I’ve seen him play. Looks like his head is spinning and the game is too big for him right now. I think the bye week is coming at an opportune time for the Green and Gold this year.

ThunderLund78

Wow, Raiders intercept Love 3 times and still almost lost. Not a good game for either team. Both look beatable for the Purple and that aint a brag!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Even Rodgers 1st season, they went 6-10 so…. in the words of the wise one R E L A X….. btw, I kind of like Aaron now… he called Kelce Pfizer jester jester jester

BigWerm
    SW Metro

As much as I hate to say it, I think Love looks the part thus far. Only 1 of those picks is really on him last night. The issue in GB is their defense is mediocre at best, and Dillon seems to have regressed this year, so when Jones is out they just don’t have a running game.

KP
    Hudson, WI

The Packers offensive line is not helping Love or Dillon with the run game. Last night he had no lanes at all to run through and was basically being a bowling ball.

Bakhtiari has really screwed over the packers with him getting hurt right after he signed a big extension. I think he has had like 4 surgery’s on that one knee alone so not looking good for him.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

As much as I hate to say it, I think Love looks the part thus far. Only 1 of those picks is really on him last night. The issue in GB is their defense is mediocre at best, and Dillon seems to have regressed this year, so when Jones is out they just don’t have a running game.

It’s so hard to evaluate a guy who is playing amongst the youngest offense in football, behind an injured OL, without their top RB, and has an injured mediocre defense to support him.

So far I’m lukewarm on Love being a long term guy. I’m feeling Ryan Tannehill type vibes where he can win with the right pieces around him, but likely isn’t going to carry a team by himself or with average pieces. Time will tell. It’s looking like it was the right choice to tack on another year to his contract though. 2023 isn’t going to give an absolute answer on his future

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Bakhtiari has really screwed over the packers with him getting hurt right after he signed a big extension. I think he has had like 4 surgery’s on that one knee alone so not looking good for him.

I think someone referred to him as a 30 million dollar lawn ornament. LOL

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>KP wrote:</div>

I think someone referred to him as a 30 million dollar lawn ornament. LOL

That’s funny, and true. However, I think if you look, you could find a nice Packers’ lawn gnome for far less. Sucks that we can’t cut him due to his contract being a dead hit to our cap space. Plus, I also agree above, the team is plagued with injuries, the OL is looking bad, the defense is sketch, and Dillon is looking like a sack of potatoes out there. He did look serviceable last night, but he regressed. Hopefully they come out of the bye week reinvigorated and ready to go, but who knows. 2-3 is bad, but not insurmountable.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Love is making the short throws just fine: on time, in step, leading.

but even when the line is giving him time, Love is a beat late on most of the mid-length and deeper routes. when the WR is in traffic, rather than seeing that they will be open and putting the ball there, he’s eating it. or if he see’s they’re open he’s throwing it, but by then it’s too late and the defense has time to recover to the ball.

this was only his 6th NFL start, and i think/hope that experience and coaching will help him to start reading the defense, anticipating the route, and making those throws better.

also, poor offensive line, no running game, and inexperienced receivers.

patience…this is a rebuild intended to be competitive in 2-3 years.

Tlazer

As discussed the injuries and O Line haven’t helped Love’s growth. When he had time to throw he looked Ok. But with no run game it’s tough since they can put pressure on Love rushing 4 since they don’t really have to worry about a run game. What I’m waiting for is to see better play calling. I thought MFL was supposed to be this awesome play caller like Shanahan for the 49ers who can call plays to get receivers open. Haven’t seen any of that this year.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

As discussed the injuries and O Line haven’t helped Love’s growth. When he had time to throw he looked Ok. But with no run game it’s tough since they can put pressure on Love rushing 4 since they don’t really have to worry about a run game. What I’m waiting for is to see better play calling. I thought MFL was supposed to be this awesome play caller like Shanahan for the 49ers who can call plays to get receivers open. Haven’t seen any of that this year.

MLF doesn’t hold a candle to Shanahan as a schemer.

I’m not a “call for coaches’ heads” type guy. This team lacks talent in some key spots and might be the most injured in the league currently. However, MLF hasn’t really done much to move the needle for me other than be competitive with a HOF QB who was clearly covering up roster and schematic deficiencies for years. The Packers also have a reputation for hanging on to coordinators and assistants for far too long when their schemes clearly are a bad fit to personnel.

I’d sell a few years worth of draft picks for Shanahan or Dan Campbell.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Woofda.

The Packers could easily find themselves picking in the Top 10 of the next draft. They could have the least explosive offense in football.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Woofda.

The Packers could easily find themselves picking in the Top 10 of the next draft. They could have the least explosive offense in football.

applause

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

One might argue that the Broncos are the worst team in the league and they look pretty good today against Green Bay.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Love just chucked it into double coverage to essentially seal the game with a DEN pick. All the needed was a FG to win.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I guess this is what the packers look like without a HOF at the helm

There is still time for him to change my mind but Love is not the answer.

AK Guy

I guess this is what the packers look like without a HOF at the helm

There is still time for him to change my mind but Love is not the answer.

What??? I thought Love was the answer to everything.

B-man

Yet somehow still tied for 2nd place in the NFC North mrgreen

It’s going to be a long season at this rate.

Beast

team is the youngest in the NFL, watched the first 1/2 of the game and thought, this team shows no emotion, I agree, Love hasn’t shown me anything, I don’t think he’ll ever be a top tier QB, no zip on the ball when he does throw. HC doesn’t seem to have his teams ready to play and he doesn’t seem to make any adjustments until the 2nd half, defensive coordinator just sucks swamp water. the offensive coordinator was the line coach last year, I think he’s over his head in his new position as OC

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Love may be one of the worst QB’s i have ever watched. and i watch way too much pro football. just brutal and if this is the future for GB, good luck applause

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Love looked lost yesterday against the worst Defense in the league (worst in both scoring and yardage). They were extremely undisciplined on both sides of the ball, and were only in the game because Denver couldn’t finish a drive. Lafleur’s team looks severely overmatched at nearly every position right now, and a lot of that falls on him imo. New HC and QB next year?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

This was coming off a bye too…which is usually where game plans and play calling have a few more wrinkles.

The Packers roster is not overly talented. That WR group is the most inexperienced in the league. The QB is essentially a rookie with some clipboard time. The defense is banged up but still porous. Some of their best players are hurt. I get all of that.

Regardless of excuses, the NFL is a win now league and not a “look what I’ve done in the past” business. Sure LaFleur doesn’t have the horses that some teams do – but this was the Broncos and not even a mediocre team. The entire staff just got duped by an organization that many were ready to cast off as the worst in the league. The sky may not be falling for LaFleur and some of the front office personnel, but it is far from sunny.

KP
    Hudson, WI

I’m not a fan of Gutey at all and he needs more blame for this team than Lafleur. How can you say your not rebuilding when you have the youngest roster in the league. Guys are also dropping like flies so thats not helping at all.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I was gonna stay home from hunting and watch the game. Looks like I’m glad I didn’t. Between the Packers losing, and the Hawkeyes losing a head scratcher to the Gophers, I think I’m gonna stay in the woods most weekends moving forward. )

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

part of why they’re the youngest team in football is the lingering effects of Aaron Rodgers contract…they have $60M is dead cap hit this year and $40M of that is from Aaron Rodgers alone.

he’s off the books next year and even without other moves they’ll have $35M in free space. then there are two really big contract question marks for next year in Aaron Jones and David Bahktiari. Jones will be $17M against the cap, i expect they’ll keep him one more year as cutting him would only reduce it to $12M. after 2024 (and age 30) he will either sign a much reduced contract or be out. Bahktiari will bring a massive $40M hit in 2024, and even if he doesn’t retire he’s not worth that any more with all of the injuries. releasing him would reduce the hit by $20M, so i don’t see him playing another down for the Packers.

long-short: in 2024 they will have both great draft pick assets and more available money for free agency than they’ve had in years. 2023 is completely about player assessment and getting some new players experience. 2024 will be about team-building. with or without Love at the helm, i see 2025 as the first real window for being competitive again.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.