Go Pack Go!

• Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Nice drive by Green Bay! Dillon doing things and Reed looking solid. Go Pack Go!

Beast

Joe Barry still sucks as a defensive coordinator, this is the third time he’s had a linebacker cover a receiver, no stunts, no linebacker blitz, he needs to go.

MX1825

Joe Barry still sucks as a defensive coordinator, this is the third time he’s had a linebacker cover a receiver, no stunts, no linebacker blitz, he needs to go.

I agree. The Giants QB is making Barry’s defense look like untrained monkeys.

Beast

1;33 was left old joe goes into prevent defense and giants go down the field for the winning FG, seen it coming all the way.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

FTP

that is all………good night

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Beaten by Danny DeVito. Ouch.

Wildlifeguy

I think LeFleur should call a few more reverses to Jayden Reed. Hell, make them triple flea flickers, that oughta work…

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I thought this game would be a problem for the Pack. I didn’t expect the Giants to be so error-prone or Love to play so poorly. Interesting match-up next week vs. the Buc’s at Lambert. It doesn’t look like cold weather will be a factor. I think if they lose next week, their playoff chances are done. There are too many teams in the race right now for them to falter even once. I wouldn’t even call the match-up with the lowly Panthers a gimme. They lost a gimme tonight.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

blow pack blow

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

That late so-called NYG fumble was a non-contact gift right when they were about to ice the game.
    Was nice to see NY put the game & pack away in the end.
    Went to sleep with a smile

John Timm

This season is getting to be more like which team sucks less, Vikings or Packers?

Sylvanboat

Late surge could put the Bears in the playoff hunt. Go Bears!!!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That late so-called NYG fumble was a non-contact gift right when they were about to ice the game.

Yeah the refs were doing everything in their power to get GB the win, per the usual. That fumble call was terrible, first of all he was tackled by a Packer, secondly he gave himself up when he went down. That Giants team is bad, but the DeVito crew sure is entertaining.

riverbassman

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jerry K wrote:</div>

Yeah the refs were doing everything in their power to get GB the win, per the usual. That fumble call was terrible, first of all he was tackled by a Packer, secondly he gave himself up when he went down. That Giants team is bad, but the DeVito crew sure is entertaining.

Call it all like you want, but you cant say that fumble was the wrong call. Saying that was the wrong call after all the slow mo replay shows it was legit. i have no problem with anyone pointing out bad calls as the refs suck sometimes but in this case it is plain ignorance to say it was a bad call.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Call it all like you want, but you cant say that fumble was the wrong call. Saying that was the wrong call after all the slow mo replay shows it was legit. i have no problem with anyone pointing out bad calls as the refs suck sometimes but in this case it is plain ignorance to say it was a bad call.

How was that a legit fumble? The Packer player attempted to tackle Barkley, and he fell like 4-5 steps after the Packer player hit him. His knee, elbow and most of his body was on the ground (giving himself up, if you don’t count the tackle, as a tackle) prior to the ball coming out.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Amazingly, Green Bay is still in the 7 hole for a playoff spot. And I think they will claim that final playoff spot too when its all said and done.

They have a relatively easy schedule in their remaining four games so they should be able to hold off the other teams still in contention for that spot. Seattle, LA Rams, and Tampa/New Orleans/Atlanta are the competition for that spot. They have tie breakers over Seattle, Rams, and Saints. They lost to Atlanta and still play Tampa.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

It was a fumble on Barkley because it was the call on the field. The video evidence was indecisive IMO. The 4th Down stop that got reversed by replay that led to Green Bay’s first touchdown DID NOT HAVE clear and indisputable proof to overturn the call on the field. That overturn of possession was unconscionable.

The Pack are not the same Offense without Watson. It won’t surprise me a bit if they lose every game while he is out. They are extremely vulnerable without him. If they lose one of their next 3 games, which is likely with Watson being sidelined I don’t see them beating the Bears all things being equal. If the Pack loses one of their final 4, they are going to lose two or more. They are on a tightrope and it’s windy. Love cracks is my prediction. Saw it last night and therefore expect it now.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Watson’s absence didn’t make Love inaccurate and over-throw open WRs in the first three quarters of that game. he looked too amped or something: rushing throws and just plain missing guys who were wide open. it stunk, but i chalk that up to a bad game after a couple of superb outings. this year is all about learning and getting better, not about a Super Bowl or even playoff run.

the defense did plenty well enough in that game. at one point in the first half the offense had turned it over on 2 straight possessions and the defense still got the ball back to the offense with the lead in hand. they got worn down late and made some wrong calls on scheme for that last drive – but the other guys are good at their jobs too. the Packers average points against so far this year is 20.1, and average yards against is 342.1, placing them 14th in both categories so dead middle of the NFL defensively. the problem is that they’re good against the pass and terrible against the run, so a guy like Barkley (and DeVito scrambling) can eat them up on the ground for 200+ yards.

MX1825

Watson’s absence didn’t make Love inaccurate and over-throw open WRs in the first three quarters of that game. he looked too amped or something: rushing throws and just plain missing guys who were wide open. it stunk, but i chalk that up to a bad game after a couple of superb outings. this year is all about learning and getting better, not about a Super Bowl or even playoff run.

the defense did plenty well enough in that game. at one point in the first half the offense had turned it over on 2 straight possessions and the defense still got the ball back to the offense with the lead in hand. they got worn down late and made some wrong calls on scheme for that last drive – but the other guys are good at their jobs too. the Packers average points against so far this year is 20.1, and average yards against is 342.1, placing them 14th in both categories so dead middle of the NFL defensively. the problem is that they’re good against the pass and terrible against the run, so a guy like Barkley (and DeVito scrambling) can eat them up on the ground for 200+ yards.

It comes back to Barry and his “prevent” scheme. Apparently Barry figures the oppositions kicker should miss the FG. doah

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

It comes back to Barry and his “prevent” scheme. Apparently Barry figures the oppositions kicker should miss the FG.

Notably, they didn’t have Jaire Alexander available for that game, and Nixon’s play hadn’t been reliable during the game.

LaFleur on the final drive:

“We obviously gave up too many chunk plays, lost our leverage twice and gave up, like I said explosive plays. Explosive plays lead to points… it was just bad ball.”

“Joe called man coverage, and we’re playing way off, which we shouldn’t be.”

Beast

Joe has been a loser every place he’s been, he may be a fair position coach, but as a head coach or defensive coordinator he’s over head.

MX1825

Joe has been a loser every place he’s been, he may be a fair position coach, but as a head coach or defensive coordinator he’s over head.

X2

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

i’m curious about why if he called man coverage, the players were playing off?

MX1825

i’m curious about why if he called man coverage, the players were playing off?

Barry does it all the time. Opposition need 4 yards for a 1st down, Packers play off 10 yards. Bingo 1st down unless the QB/WR mess up. doah

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

Never been a fan of Baker Mayfield, but today he has got my support.
    But that guy’s got some accuracy and one hell of an arm

Beast

if this game doesn’t cost Joe Barry his job, nothing will.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Wow, a 5 yard out, 2 missed tackles, and then a race to the end zone, touchdown. Baker is lighting it up today. He has almost 400 yards passing and 4 touchdowns.

Jimmy Jones

Go Pack go…. it appears they got up and went.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

oof. that pass defense.

playing 4-5 yards off a receiver works if you’re defending against deep threats, but not short plays. and if they throw short in a long situation, you’ve still got to have the personnel that can recover to make the tackle.

at this point Jaire Alexander’s gotta be in the training room like, “Nah, my shoulder still just doesn’t feel right…i think it might get better when Jim Leonard’s the Defensive Coordinator.”

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.