Go Pack Go!

• Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Gotta say I was a little nervous about this opener, but wow, Love is looking fire and our defense is doing things. Sorry Bears’ fans, looks like it might be another rough year.

Brad Dimond

Turns out it wasn’t Rodgers who owned the Bears…

wirivereyes
    Central WI

Matt LaFleur 9-0 against the Bears!

B-man

I’m Lovin it mrgreen

Beast

I LOVEd it, It was a great start but it’s a long season.

Dan
    Southeast MN

As a Vikings fan I’m kind of pulling for Jordan Love. In his 3 years of sitting how many QB’s did he see drafted and play before him? Yet he seems very hard working and professional, I’ve even heard Aaron Jones speak highly of him. The Ringer had a good article about how the Packers are really the only organization still operating with drafting a QB and having him sit behind a good starter to learn. Kind of hoping he does well.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

good article about how the Packers are really the only organization still operating with drafting a QB and having him sit behind a good starter to learn.

This almost always works out better than tossing a rookie QB right into the fire. His predecessor sat behind Favre for several seasons too, just observing with a clipboard in his hand and wearing a headset on the sidelines.

Their defense looked pretty good, and Aaron Jones was a wrecking crew until he got hurt.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Jones in FF.. thank you packers !! devil

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

It’s early, but there were some promising things to take from the game.

Love looked solid. His stats (3tds) are a bit misleading as his completion % wasn’t that high. I was happy to see him showcasing a little mobility while looking downfield, and trying to drive the ball down the field and over the middle. The Bears showed that throwing repeated 2 yard outs, bubbles, and so on does not work in today’s NFL. The Packers are going to have to get healthy in a hurry though. They are already banged up at many key starting positions going into Week 2.

Fields is a gamer and amazing athlete, but I don’t see his ceiling as a QB being that high. I also don’t see the Bears finishing anywhere but last in the North.

maddogg

The Chicago Bears are 3-17 versus the Packers between August 25, 2013 and August 25, 2023.
    Rodgers has a 25-5 career record against the Bears.Keep’er going boys

Jim Clark
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Just a change in the Chicago Bears ownership…

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Love had so much time behind that offensive line, I sure hope they stay healthy and that continues through the season. He stood in there with poise and delivered some nice throws. A few need to be thrown better, but no big errors. Nothing better for a QB than an O-Line!

LabDaddy1

This almost always works out better than tossing a rookie QB right into the fire. His predecessor sat behind Favre for several seasons too, just observing with a clipboard in his hand and wearing a headset on the sidelines.

I remember the first game that rodgers stepped in for Favre mid-game because of an injury(which was a rare) and it was very apparent to me that rodgers was something special. All opinions of his personality aside, I’m just talking about his athleticism.

Anyways, no pack no? I’m from MN jester

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

If Love ends up being a friken stud, I swear somebody is going to need to remove my shoe laces and take all the sharp objects from my house. They can’t have 3 in a row! Seriously he looked alright and you guys were playing the Bears. whistling

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

If Love ends up being a friken stud, I swear somebody is going to need to remove my shoe laces and take all the sharp objects from my house. They can’t have 3 in a row! Seriously he looked alright and you guys were playing the Bears. whistling

That is true, I think all Packers’ fans are aware that the Bears suck, however, I missed the Vikings game as I was out hanging some tree stands, and seen they lost to Tampa Bay. That surprised me. I will have to go through the Viking’s thread and see what happened.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I think all Packers’ fans are aware that the Bears suck

Yeah but none of the Bears fans do. They were expecting big things this year with the free agents and draft picks added. I’ve said it for years, but Ohio State QB’s always bust, and Fields is no different. Phenomenal athlete/runner, but inaccurate passer who rarely and slowly gets past his first read.

KP
    Hudson, WI

but Ohio State QB’s always bust

Technically Joe Burrow was an Ohio St. QB haha but yes I cant think of one that was a decent starter in the league. Fields can run all over but he his horrible with his accuracy.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

That is true, I think all Packers’ fans are aware that the Bears suck, however, I missed the Vikings game as I was out hanging some tree stands, and seen they lost to Tampa Bay. That surprised me. I will have to go through the Viking’s thread and see what happened.

It was also said that tampa was on the bottom of there league also. Pack was picked to lose vikes picked to win.

Gitchi Gummi

The Ringer had a good article about how the Packers are really the only organization still operating with drafting a QB and having him sit behind a good starter to learn. Kind of hoping he does well.

… are the Packers really drafting their QBs with intentions of sitting behind a vet for 3-4 years before they start them? or have they just had incredible luck of back to back HOF QBs with long careers and which allowed them to draft a QB and have them ride the bench for the last few years of the HOF QBs career with the organization? Correlation does not imply causation.

I think it’s a stretch saying the Packers are exceptionally gifted at developing QBs… they’ve had a statistically incredible run of talented QBs.

Everything eventually regresses back to the norm… or at least I hope.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Fair points Gummi, I guess what I should have said is what the Packers are doing with Love just isn’t being done anymore. They stuck with their plan with Love and we’ll see how it played out. They got Favre in a trade so really Rodgers is the first time they tried and it worked really well, we’ll see here with Love.

My point is more so they stuck with this methodology and really no one else is anymore. Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, and Anthony Richardson were all week 1 starters. It’s always funny when the top QB’s in college are drafted by awful teams and at some point in training camp it’s announced that they’ll be starting, as if we didn’t all expect that the whole time. The article I referenced also pointed out the increasing pressure GM’s and coaches face to play their hot new draft pick. GM’s and coaches don’t last around as long as they used to if they’re not winning, so if they’ve got a stud QB draft pick they’re going to put him in there. Unfortunately for them, these teams are drafting very high for a reason, and now these top QB draft picks get to play on the worst NFL teams that still need work.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

What I said was meant in no way to say we did better, so don’t misunderstand me.
    I was more making fun of us than slamming on you guys. To clear it up for any Packer fans that missed out game. We looked good and completely stunk at almost the same time. Stopped counting turnovers and still probably should have won the game even with that. Oh yeah and we either don’t have a running game or forgot how to use it.

riverbassman

I think it’s a stretch saying the Packers are exceptionally gifted at developing QBs… they’ve had a statistically incredible run of talented QBs.

Everything eventually regresses back to the norm… or at least I hope.

I disagree, Farve for one would not have been near as good without Holmgren grooming him. I mean this as a player and his personal (crazy) lifestyle. Holmgren made Favre IMO. Not that Favre wasnt good to begin with, Holmgren put all the pieces together.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Steven Krapfl wrote:</div>

What I said was meant in no way to say we did better, so don’t misunderstand me.
    I was more making fun of us than slamming on you guys. To clear it up for any Packer fans that missed out game. We looked good and completely stunk at almost the same time. Stopped counting turnovers and still probably should have won the game even with that. Oh yeah and we either don’t have a running game or forgot how to use it.

I wasn’t being a dick, either. I was just surprised to see the Vikings had lost. I wasn’t expecting it.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Pack was picked to lose vikes picked to win.

Actually the Bears were favored by 1.5 points over the Packers.

1.5 is more or less a pick ’em spread but the Bears were favored being the home team.

MX1825

I’ve been a Packer fan my whole life but, it’s early and only 1 game.
    Naysayers and chest thumpers
    R-E-L-A-X!!

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I’ve been a Packer fan my whole life but, it’s early and only 1 game.
    Naysayers and chest thumpers
    R-E-L-A-X!!

Agreed. Likewise a lifelong Packer fan, just happy to shut the Bears up, Bleacher Report had been full of Bear Down trolls, it’s been pretty quiet today.

MX1825

Yep giving the Bears a beat down is always worth a fist pump.
    Looootttsss of Bear fans claiming now that Rodgers is gone Bears will beat the Pack in Chicago.
    Pretty sure they are quiet today.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

schedule has NFC south:
    1.NO
    2.Tampa
    3.Atlanta
    4.Carolina
    AFC West:
    5.Denver
    6.Las Vegas
    Plus:
    7.Giants
    8.Steelers
    9.Rams
    And:
    10.Chicago

Gotta figure the Pack will be favored in those games.

which only leaves:

Detroit
    Vikings
    Chargers
    Detroit
    Chiefs
    Vikings
    as the tough games..

Seems if the Pack stays healthy, the road to the playoffs is pretty easy.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.