Go Pack Go!

• B-man

Hell of a year!!!

G-damn rookie kickers

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Well, looks like everyone who guessed the 49ers would win was right. That last throw was not smart, looking forward to next year.

Deuces

Miss a FG

Throw across the body for an interception

Wtf pack, be original in ur losses at least.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Good try Pack. Definitely had a chance.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Well, looks like everyone who guessed the 49ers would win was right.

And everyone who bet money on them lost!

-J.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

I believe the vikings beat the 49’er with Doobs and also without JJ.
    Just saying ;)

Great season pack
    That last pass reminds the gunslinger himself.
    Killed many of season doing that for the pack & Vikings

Dan
    Southeast MN

Miss a FG

Throw across the body for an interception

Wtf pack, be original in ur losses at least.

That’s a laugh/cry right there

eyeguy507
    SE MN

The beer sales must have been through the roof tonight in Sconi bars! Better luck next year

LabDaddy1

The beer sales must have been through the roof tonight in Sconi bars! Better luck next year

Lol. I will say that was a pretty good game and for the first time in forever I was actually rooting for the pack.

tim hurley

Very close on the road against the #1 seed-dang watch out Vikes

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Hell of a year!!!

G-damn rookie kickers

if your talkin about the packers kicker……..the Vikings thought the same thing about his brother……now he’s in oakland and doing well. doah

Brittman

Matt L is the 2nd winningest coach over the past 5 years or so.

Packers are the youngest team in the NFL. One disadvantage of sitting your QB for so many years is now he is up for the normal bigtime QB salary.

As a lifelong Vikings fan I have shared I despise the Cowboys far more than the Packers. Packers were pretty irrelevant for a long time (my formative years) after winning their 1st to SB. So thank you GB for that win last week.

In fact, I have always thought the Packers were a well-run organization. It is really just the Packer fans that can be a bit abrasive (but not a$$clowns like a few teams and teams’ fans on the coasts). Packers should have plenty to look forward too in 2024.

MX1825

The missed FG hurt but way too many squandered opportunities.
    Only 6 points in 3 trips to the red zone in the 1st half. That’s a killer. 2 missed INT. That’s a killer.
    A very good year overall.
    GO PACK GO!!!

haleysgold
    SE MN

As a jealous Vikings fan, I’m not happy.
    But now he’ll be playing in his 5th year option.
    I’m guessing he’ll be looking for a huge contract extension before next season. That’ll take a big bite outta the Packer cap space.
    Probably worth it but still a gamble.

Good problem to have.

I can see them being a dominant NFC team for quite a few years if he keeps progressing. And surrounded by other young talent.

Meanwhile I am fully confident that Quesy will screw up another draft before gettin the boot. I hope sooner than later.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

As a life-long Vikings fan I was cheering for the Green Bay. Tough loss, I was hoping they’d pull it out.
    What’s everyone think of Love’s arm strength? It didn’t look good to me. Several passes just barely made it and were looping. His accuracy also wasn’t there yesterday.
    Great year for the Packers!!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

The packers played pretty well and love played pretty well the 2nd half of the season. As a vikings fan I’m pissed it seems they’ve transitioned to yet another franchise QB. The good news is it was a small sample size. Baker Mayfield was a star after his rookie season. So was Josh Freeman, Vince Young, Carson Wentz, RG3… could go on and on. My hope is they pay him 50m a year and he falls flat.

Oh and that whole youngest team in the league thing is a very overrated statistic. The packers are at the top with an avg age of 25. The cardinals are at #20 with an average age of 26. Sure doesn’t hurt being this young and having success though.

It looks like the division is gonna be tough moving forward. Lions are good, packers are on the rise, Chicago has a ton of assets… I can see the Vikings being the worst team in the division for the next 5 years

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I believe the vikings beat the 49’er with Doobs and also without JJ.
    Just saying

No, that’s incorrect. Dobbs didn’t play until the Atlanta game which was several weeks after the win against the Niners. The victory against the Niners was a MNF win with Cousins at the helm.

The niners were also missing some players that game. Deebo Samuel and Trent Williams, most notably.

Tlazer

This year went better than anyone could have hoped for, and gives hope for the future. Big decision coming up on Love’s possible new contract which I would think be at a minimum of $40M a year based off of what Jones signing for last year with the Giants. Sad they couldn’t get more time on a rookie contract to make sure Love is worth it, so they don’t make the same mistake as the Giants. It appears that the Giants signed him too early, only after one good year, and are now burdened with a huge contract to a player that is not worth it.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

I stand corrected, it was a season to forget and I have ;)

dirtywater

As a life-long Vikings fan I was cheering for the Green Bay. Tough loss, I was hoping they’d pull it out.
    What’s everyone think of Love’s arm strength? It didn’t look good to me. Several passes just barely made it and were looping. His accuracy also wasn’t there yesterday.
    Great year for the Packers!!

Arm strength is the last thing to worry about with love in my opinion. The accuracy was a bit of an issue on 2-3 throws yesterday for sure. I’d chalk it up to regression to the mean after a nearly perfect game last week, and maybe part of it was the wet ball as well. He sure looked better than purdy most of the night. The INT at the end was just a horrible decision. He could’ve run for 15 and gone outta bounds and continued the drive. It felt like Favre all over again for that play!

Tough way to lose a game when they seemed to be in control for the majority, but all in all a better result on the season than anyone could have expected.

You had Detroit celebrating their first playoff W since 91 last week and Green Bay casually whooping on Dallas with a QB most people doubted and all 1st/2nd year receivers. Packers will be fine. Yes Love is gonna cost some money but that’s a check they’ll be glad to write after he proved himself this season.

The division should be more competitive next year and I always look forward to that!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The Packers will race to sign Love to an extension as soon as they can in May. It is somewhat of a risk given the small sample size, but they have no other option. Plus with the upward trajectory of the league revenue and cap, a 4 year, $160-$170 million deal would be a great get for both sides. That’s only the 10th or 11th highest paid QB in the league, with that position dropping as other guys up their new deals over the term of Love’s contract.

I don’t look for the Packers to do anything major free agency wise, just lock up their key young guys and hope to see more development.

The NFC North could have all 4 teams finishing within a game or 2 of eachother next year.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Love’s on-field play this year is a validation of what the team had seen every day in practice over the previous 3 years. it took a half-season for him to adjust his reads to gameday speed, but he did that in spades. that’s a different scenario than judging a true rookie’s performance when they have to play in their first year. i suppose that’s what informed the team in moving on from Rodgers and it’s what will inform the team in deciding on Love’s next contract.

sewing up your QB spot is money well-spent. a bad injury is the bigger risk than him suddenly forgetting how to play well. the more interesting decision to me is what they’ll do with Aaron Jones who – similar to Love – is entering the final year of his extension. he restructured before this year with a pay cut to stay with the team. i’d like to see them extend again for 2 years and get him his market value as he’s clearly one of the parts that made this late season run possible.

ThunderLund78

A lot to be excited about if you’re a Packer fan and a lot to be proud of given where your team was at, mid-season. one heck of a turn-around and Love will be yet another franchise QB. Not sure he’s Favre or A-rog level, but more than enough to take you far if you build around him.

I was routing against the Packers, but honestly I wouldn’t have minded watching an NFC North NFC Championship, either.

As a life-long Vikings fan -I’m now ALL-IN on the Lions and I hope Packer fans are, too! As much as we Vikings fans like to complain, we’ve at least been competitive most years since the mid-80s. What a feeling it must be for Detroit. I will live vicariously through you, my blue and silver brothers! Great for the league to have a disrupter, as well.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

As a life-long Vikings fan -I’m now ALL-IN on the Lions ad I hope Packer fans are, too! As much as we Vikings fans like to complain, we’ve at least been competitive most years since the mid-80s. What a feeling it must be for Detroit. I will live vicariously through you, my blue and silver brothers!

Amen! And hey, if the Lions could do it, anyone can!

Oh and that whole youngest team in the league thing is a very overrated statistic. The packers are at the top with an avg age of 25. The cardinals are at #20 with an average age of 26.

I wonder how much the kicker makes a difference too? Pretty wild basically the whole league is that close. Packers have a rookie kicker, AZ has Matt Prater who is turning 40 this year. I don’t care enough to math it tho. rotflol

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

The Packers had the game right there and choked. So sad. wave toast woot yay peace moon

The Pack missed yet another golden opportunity to make it to the Super Bowl. They were on fire going into SF, but they cracked under pressure. Sure the Pack are a solid team, but the whole NFC North looks to be more competitive from top to bottom going forward.

With Deebo injured, the 9ers can be had. I would love to see a Lions upset this week.

CaptainMusky

We had a Carlson missed kick and a “Favre across the body” INT in the same game? Haha.

B-man

I didn’t catch the Viking’s score over the last couple of weeks.

Apparently my internet isn’t working properly because nothing shows up in my search results????

Can a Vikings fans fill me in on how they did?? jester

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I didn’t catch the Viking’s score over the last couple of weeks.

Apparently my internet isn’t working properly because nothing shows up in my search results????

Can a Vikings fan fill me in on how they did?? jester

Tough week last week (Packers won), great week this week (Packers lost)!!! rotflol jester rotflol

MX1825

Considering many on this site didn’t think any team from the NFC North would do well this year the Division had 25% of the playoff teams this past weekend. applause
    Also was darn close to an all North Division Championship pairing this coming weekend. shock
    I think the NFC North Division did really well. JMO

dirtywater

Joe Barry is out. There is a Santa Claus!

That defense turned it around when it mattered at the end of the season, but the pattern of playing down to their opponents with a soft scheme throughout the year was too obvious to ignore in my opinion. Should be interesting to see how things shake out here. They have some young talent, some veteran talent, and some holes. Hope they can put it all together next year!

Viewing 30 posts - 331 through 360 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.