Lake Conditions

• tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

I’m not sure on the status of the west end of the lake. However, all access points on the east end of the lake are no longer allowing full size vehicles. We are down to wheelers and sleds. Resorts are still running bombers, but they are out there everyday and know where the problem areas are/will be. The Rainy River is partially open to 4 Mile Bay. Best access points on the east end are Morris Pt or Graceton Beach. (There are a ton of people going off of Graceton) There is still up to 30″ of ice on the main lake, but the problem areas are shoreline, current near the Rainy, and cracks that are showing up.

I just took a couple of photos of the Rainy in front of Border View Lodge. The ramp has 75 yards of ice in front of it still. Already seeing pick-ups with ATVs and fish traps in the box and pulling a boat! Guys are fishing @ Birchdale and Clementson.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sure gets a guy thinking of sturgeon fishing.

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

The river is actually wide open north of Baudette and as far North as the Winter Road River and Wabanica as of right NOW. It opens quick! I did hear a second hand report of good Sturgeon fishing already.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.