Rainy river

• ARCH
    southern minnesota

Any one know when the river usually opens up? I’ve heard about the awesome fishing when it opens, and would like to try it!

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I believe March….is normal but if you contact Sandee and Rick Anderson at Clementson Resort they will give you very accurate data. In fact, they post updates on river conditions very frequently and fishing reports daily in peak times. http://www.clementsonresort.com/

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Call up there now they were fishing on the river by brichdale last week. It could of changed with the colder weather

birddog
    Mn.

On average, Birchdale opens mid to late March. After it opens up the fishing can be slammin!! The window for the best bite is from ice out till it muddies up. It’ll clear up again “usually” around the middle of April.

BIRDDOG

mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

Sunday morning it was -20 degrees when we were packing up to come home. The river might have been open, but it’s sure to close back up. One things for sure, it will be an earlier spring than normal.

I talked with a few locals who said there is still water flowing in the swamps that are normally froze. One frost test showed 36″ where last year this same time they had 50″ plus.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.